Instant Hotel

Yeah I’m not a huge fan of the slot. Feels like it’s been dumped there. But I will still watch it.

3 Likes

I am also watching it but I will have to tape it on my Fetch PVR for Friday / Saturday viewing.

1 Like

In the latest schedule the launch episode timeslot has been extended to 90 minutes. I wonder if they have re-edited.

4 Likes

They have God Friended Me they could use. Or The Passage.

But those won’t rate very well and they need to counterprogram against DWTS and Bad Mothers.

So this is the best they’ve got? Australians will sit and watch reality back to back? I don’t think so.

I agree it should have been on at a different time of year but this is how it is now.

Isn’t it the same as Travel Guides following MAFS? Why is it back again this year. People must have watched it last year.

2 Likes

Travel Guides is a different viewing experience to Instant Hotel - it’s not a reality competition that you have to watch every week to follow. It’s a bit like Gogglebox goes on holidays. The other difference is length of viewing. Seven want you to watch MKR followed by another 90 minutes of reality competition (at least episode one) for a total of 3 hours 30 minutes. On Nine, the total time commitment is 2 hours 30 minutes.

4 Likes

INSTANT HOTEL returns for its second season with House Rules judge and design icon Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen leading the holidaying group as host and judge.**

With a work schedule that has him frequently traversing the globe, LLB has developed a sharp eye for what makes or breaks a hotel room.

“I live in hotels rather than at home these days, so I have an enormous amount of experience and believe it or not, a few opinions!” says the London born style expert who has also designed hotel interiors in London and Thailand.

LLB will travel to some of Australia’s most amazing locations in search of Australia’s best Instant Hotel – from lush tropical rainforests, to romantic wine country, pristine coastal havens and the majestic Outback with fellow judge and award-winning designer JULIET ASHWORTH.

Looking forward to exploring more of Australia, LLB says he finds the Instant Hotel concept “fascinating” and a refreshing alternative to the traditional hotel experience.

“Instant Hotel gives you the opportunity to look at where people live and judge for yourself whether it’s an experience you want to share in.

“You could go to an international hotel chain and get the same ‘beige’. And it’s a very relaxing and wonderful experience, but the joy of an Instant Hotel is to feel you are inhabiting someone else’s life for a couple of days.

“You are escaping who you are and what you do and immersing yourself into the experience of how somebody else lives,” explains LLB. “From a design point of view, it’s great fun to be able to see how people’s personalities are expressed in an Instant Hotel offer.”

When you check into INSTANT HOTEL, get set to journey across Australia on a holiday like no other because there’s no hotels or motels - only Aussies turning their homes into Instant Hotels.

Tapping into the massive worldwide trend of holiday home rentals, INSTANT HOTEL sees four teams of two competing for the title of best Instant Hotel.

Teams score each other on; the house, location and local attractions, value for money and the all-important quality of the night’s sleep. Each hotel will be scored out of 10 by the teams and the judges. The winner walks away with $100,000 in prize money.

They’ll explore some of the most diverse and beautiful locations in Australia and get to know their quirky competitors a little better along the way. And, as contestants soon find out, like most travel adventures, what might seem like a dream online is not always what you’ll find upon arrival.

Will there only be 4 groups in each round this year?

There seems to be only 4 teams in the whole season.

I wonder how many applications Seven received for season 2. Only four teams made it?

1 Like

Seems like a very odd season…

1 Like

What a diverse looking cast! They all sound like fascinating characters that reflect modern Australia.

Is that sarcasm?

1 Like

Yes I love that our relationship has evolved to the point where you get what I mean now. We’ve come a long way :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Are we sure this is just not just the first round teams?

Most likely the case. if not I can see why 7 held it off for this year and are airing it at 9pm.

3 Likes

Well rounds of 4 teams make more sense I guess as I remember last season some houses struggled to fit so many teams in their places and had to put them on couches.

1 Like

The media kit makes it look like a holiday show. Aren’t they judging other peoples houses and accommodation venues? Are there any pictures of them?

1 Like