Insiders

I think Morrison is preparing for the Liberal Party’s campaign launch in Melbourne this weekend.

He was invited to go on last Sunday. He refused.

3 Likes

I’m tipping it be said but I could do Thursday or another day, the ABC would drop everything and get a special on air. So yeah, hiding.

Example: Q&A offered to do their show anywhere, anytime Morrison wanted before the election in order to get him on but he’s refused

3 Likes

2 Likes

The show will run for 90 mins next Sunday as an election wrap-up special

2 Likes

90-minute Election special this week.

EDIT - Barrie interviews Tanya Plibersek and Josh Frydenberg this morning.

2 Likes

Election results special:

3 Likes
3 Likes

That would be an amazing get. He would obviously be appointed the ABCs head political Reporter.

2 Likes

Huge loss for Sky News if true. I can’t think of anyone else there that could match his talent, other than maybe Kieran.

7 Likes

Assuming The Guardian’s report is correct, would guess that the show would be based out of Sydney or Canberra instead of Melbourne?

2 Likes

Why? Barrie isn’t the current political editor, Andrew Probyn is, and I’m sure he isn’t about to accept a demotion.

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll offer him more than just Insiders.

1 Like

Nah, the main production team is based in Melbourne. He would just fly down for the show.

1 Like

Great appointment. Speers is 44 so he will attract the 18-34 audience demo.

1 Like

What BJT2 is proposing would be two separate roles in much the same way Speers is currently Sky’s political editor but Kieran Gilbert is their chief political reporter

2 Likes

Wow…talk about a major coup for the ABC!

Although surely they’ve got bigger plans in store for David Speers (eg, regularly filing Federal Politics reports on the 7pm bulletins - at 44 he’s certainly young enough to potentially become the next Jim Middleton) than simply presenting Insiders on Sunday mornings?

5 Likes

Next question is, how does the ABC afford a 500k wage at the moment with the new government?

He will have to become ABC’s Uhlmann 2.0.

1 Like