Imparja Television

They were using ‘National’ in place of ‘Nine’ on news bulletin titles well before their move to MediaHub. They also use ‘Imparja’ instead of ‘Nine’ on NRL games and Nine Presents fillers.

3 Likes

I thought I could recall some videos on YouTube that showed the station using “Nine Imparja” branding, ID’d as such and with the logo as it is now on the Imparja website.

Do the above comments re lack of news branding mean that they are only now ID’ing as “Imparja” again?

Do they air the same program promos that the rest of the network uses which only carries Nine branding?

Sometimes the flavour of discussion really devalues what could be a great site.

So much ill informed comment.

Imparja know they need high rating content from 9. Do you really think they’d jeopardise it?

Lack of logic is almost entertaining.

5 Likes

Here’s an example from @WAtvVideos

Imparja, iirc, began identifying as “Nine Imparja” was in 2008, around the same time they tried buying NTD from NINE but reverted to just “Imparja” once that fell through

2 Likes

Scroll through the entire thread and you’ll find out.

A post was merged into an existing topic: NRL on Nine

It was my understanding that Imparja had stopped broadcasting Nine News Darwin on its Gem channel.

However, checking Imparja’s TV Guide, “Nine NT News” is scheduled for 6pm: http://www.imparja.com/tvguide/watch_tvg

So it was either dropped and then returned or never dropped in the first place?

Some Imparja material …

Watermark - bottom right for general programming, but at top on News and Hot Seat:

ACA bug:

GEM - looks like its a clean feed, with their own watermark / graphics.

Whereas Go! is Dirty Feed

9 Likes

Animating On:

Also, no clock on Nine News Now (because they take clean feed and choose not to add their own clock):

8 Likes

Could that watermark be anymore basic?

11 Likes

Only during programming that differs from the metro schedule, like WIN when they were profitable.

Great caps as usual @Abesty !

6 Likes

The TV geek in me has always wanted to get in the car and drive to somewhere like Cobar just so I can spend a night watching SCTV, IMP and Ten Central.

Walgett is a bit closer, but Cobar appeals a bit more, plus it has Prime7 as well as SCTV.

9 Likes

You could always just bring the channels to you via satellite. :wink:

6 Likes

I thought that to make it easy, they would just cover up the programs 9Gem runs between 6.30 to 7.30 Eastern Time with Nine News Darwin, then re-join the feed at 7.30, but it seems not:

It seems they don’t re-join until 5am in the morning, because Imparja’s Gem runs a lot of infomercials overnight.

Also of note is that on main Imparja (Channel Nine), they play a two hour block of “Global Shop” overnight leading into Good Morning America. There is also two hours of “Danoz Direct” between 1pm and 3pm covering up whatever Movie or Encore (eg of The Block) that Nine airs at that time.

4 Likes

A bit hard when I live in an apartment building!

Or find a motel in a DTV blackspot… somewhere… ?

Ahh, so they do push back/reschedule programming. Good to see they put in some effort, but surprising that they sacrifice precious Home Shopping…

1 Like

Yeah not much you can do if you’re in that situation. Unless your apartment block already has Foxtel by satellite installed to all apartments?

2 Likes

It does, I have an iQ3 hooked up to it.

I wasn’t sure if VAST was on the same satellite, or if the same dish could be used to receive VAST.

Also with FOXTEL, I can’t receive channels that are on the vertical transponder.

This movie now on Gem (Chocolat) should be running 10 mins earlier on Imparja Gem (8.30 on IMP Gem, 8.40 on Nine Gem), but its back on a dirty feed. I thought that would only happen if they were behind Nine Gem, because in that case they would be delaying the feed, but in this case its dirty BEFORE its gone to air on the Metro markets).

Very weird and interesting.

5 Likes

Well, all hope is lost. VAST is indeed on the same satellite as Foxtel, and many Foxtel dishes are suitable for reception, but it sits only on the vertical polarity. :frowning:

Perhaps it was dirty for the first couple of blocks and they padded out the commercial breaks to catch up to Nine Gem?

1 Like