Imparja Television

I think @WillWalk was referring to a hypothetical where Nine has affiliated or merged with SCA leaving Imparja to take Ten programming.

1 Like

Imparja dropped Ten programs in 2008 and Ten Central was not launched until June 30, 2010. Which meant viewers in remote areas missed out on Ten programs such as Neighbours and the first season of MasterChef during the two-year gap. (AFL matches covered by Ten at that time were shown on Southern Cross Central)

Yes that’s what I was asking, in the event of SCA if they took up nine network programming.

At this stage I do not know what’s going to happen.

As things currently stands, it looks like if imparja has all it way, viewers in imparja areas will be waiting a long time to get imparja HD and 9 life.

1 Like

Just SC Central.

Dots everywhere!

4 Likes

Woah! What is the point of having the imparja logo plonked in front of the 9gem logo??

And there’s no HD channel to show for it. Looks like it’s a long way off. Or imparja might decide to leave it as it is.

Imparja GEM is HD.

Yes. Sorry I meant to say Imparja HD. I was referring to the main channel.

Imparja has dumped WIN for their national advertising sales and signed up with SCA, The Australian is reporting.

6 Likes

Makes sense with NEC being the main affiliate partner for SCA from July 1. Thus SCA will have a national TV sales monopoly in the NT if you don’t include SBS. As they will be doing national sales for recently announced NTD, along with TND, DTD, QQQ, CDT and now IMP as well.
Wonder if IMP will move their outsourced playout operations to SCA as well now away from WIN owned Media Hub?

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought so. Media Hub is a commercially available centre used by a number of companies, while SCA only do internal playout.

:frowning:

4 Likes

Any sensible reason why they don’t use their actual logo there, rather than IMP ?

2 Likes

I guess Imparja has left WIN in charge of on-screen graphics. Thankfully they still don’t use a news cover up!

5 Likes

Next minute… :joy:

9 Likes

13 Likes

This is the sort of WIN inspired nonsense that will lead to Imparja losing NINE affiliation when the contract comes up for renewal. Being that SCA is the other licensee in that same broadcast area, that may well happen no doubt, with Imparja being forced to take TEN affiliation when the time comes.

if SCA goes with Nine then Imparja could go for Seven… or potentially try to grab Ten from the JV licence. I’m sure the lower affiliation fees of Seven or Ten would be attractive :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think affiliations will be decided by cover ups or logos, but by how much Nine wants vs what Imparja is prepared to pay.

8 Likes