Imparja Television

That’s actually pretty good for Imparja standards!

2 Likes

Looks very good.

1 Like

Just in time for HD? Is imparja HD also coming on March 1 too?

1 Like

Not sure, but it has to be around the corner.

Whenever Imparja have produced their own idents, especially the red box period, they’ve generally been of a pretty good standard. Programme promos on the other hand…

2 Likes

According to the Freeview TV Guide 9Go on VAST is based on NSW/Vic time for both North and South regions, instead on North being based on QLD time and South on NSW/Vic time as is the case with 7TWO and Eleven.
How long has it been like this for? Could this mean that Imparja are preparing to launch 9Life?

More than likely one of many errors on major TV guides. What actual region are you using on the guide?

I’ve compared the “NT - Regional NT”, “SA - Remote and Central”, “QLD - Remote and Central” and “NSW - Remote and Central” on both Freeview TV Guide and yourtv.com.au (though I suspect they source their data from the same place). Once you take timezones into account Go and GEM are the same for all 4 regions, but 7TWO and Eleven and all the main channels were still different North and South as expected.

Interesting. I don’t have a Qld or NT box to check. It does sound like they could be turning Go! into what Gem is - a national AEDT-based channel - which would free up space for a single AEDT-based 9Life. I’m yet to see WIN tinker with their satellite allocations but I know it’s imminent. Perhaps the networks have been given the go ahead to make changes?

Then again, these guides are all over the place. They’ve probably accidentally turned off some daylight savings correction or something. Imparja.com is still showing the expected 1 hour difference.

Any updates yet for the imparja HD and 9 life channels there yet? Looks like these channels are still some months away.

Once the reach rule scrapping take effect is imparja the target of any station takeovers or not?

To me the owners of imparja are not keen to see a takeover of imparja from either nine or WIN.

Imparja could be bought by WIN right now regardless of the reach rule, so either it’s not worth buying, or they aren’t selling.

I personally favour a WIN takeover of imparja but I can guess the owners of imparja are not interested in anybody else buying imparja

I’m to understand they are not keen. Maybe if SCA licenses become up for grabs nine will grab the SCTV license for central Australia. Who knows until media laws are officially changed what will happen.

Imparja are very proud of their indigenous connection and local community. This article on australia.gov.au states that the shareholders on Imparja have never requested a dividend instead opting for all profits to be re-invested back into the company. I predict that Imparja will only ever be sold when it and if it becomes insolvent.

Imparja will be the last remaining true regional broadcaster - all the other regionals will be more than happy to sell out to the Networks.

3 Likes

I found a quote from a source regarding imparja HD and 9 life in imparja areas

“Meanwhile, the news isn’t so good for viewers in remote Australia and regional South Australia. Local Nine affiliates Imparja Television and Southern Cross Austereo have not made any announcements.”

Looks like imparja HD and 9 life is still a long way off in imparja areas.

1 Like

Or they could announce it tomorrow - not having news is not news.

2 Likes

I reckon imparja could eventually become the last regional network carrying ten network programs

Or maybe it could be converted in a community television station paving the way for a new network to come in the eastern remote Australian region.

Technically Imparja aired Network Ten programs before Ten Central came along and besides, there’s already an indigenous community tv channel: ICTV.

Which Imparja wholly manages.

I thought they’ve already stopped air Ten programmes on Imparja back when Ten Central was launched.

1 Like