Imparja Television

as part of VAST, Imparja is accessible anywhere in Victoria not covered by terrestrial television.

10 Likes

The QLD slide on that sales commercial has a picture of Townsville in it…

1 Like

Community support super:

Sponsored promo super:

IMP watermark in HD:

4 Likes

Sure but a lot of those areas on the map should be able to get feeds of SC9 and Prime.

Per that map it appears that Imparja are claiming areas including Thredbo and Jindabyne, which I know get SC9 and Prime Canberra.

4 Likes

Promotional maps will always embellish, like I’m not sure that terrestrial coverage along the Qld coast is as narrow as that map makes out. Same as the
South coast of NSW towards the Victorian border :thinking:

5 Likes

Yes, very close to.
On the ACMA site you can get the maps for each area. The KMZ files open in Google Earth so provide the most accurate view of boundaries.

Here’s the map for REMOTE CENTRAL & EASTERN AUSTRALIA TV1 in that area - it comes very close to the boundaries of Cooma, Jindabyne and Thredbo.

There is a reasonable amount of overlap with the Southern NSW licence area. The reason for this would be so to make it easier for people in predicted coverage blackspots to get VAST access, as you have to prove that you are unable to receive terestrial services to get access to VAST if you live outside their service area.

It potentially carries on from the time of analogue TV when there wasn’t DTV retransmitters in virtually every town and coverage in those areas would have been much more sparce.

6 Likes

Yes, even in Sydney, say down around Berowra Waters that is surrounded by hills and doesn’t have an infill repeater, there are probably some residents down there that need to rely on VAST and such are watching Imparja.

Those maps are interesting… I noticed that they’ve got Bowen well and truly inside the “Townsville” market zone.

This is correct for radio, as Bowen does receive Townsville radio, however, every time I’ve been there I’ve noticed that they get Mackay’s version of the TV channels, not Townsville.

It also shows the “Emerald” zone moving right up into Moranbah, Clermont, and Nebo, but I know from previous travel to these areas that they all receive Mackay channels, while Emerald receives Rockhampton…

2 Likes

Was reading a while back that Flowerdale, not too far north of Melbourne, was covered by VAST with no Melbourne or regional Victorian translators.

There will be pockets around Victoria the same even though much of the state is covered by terrestrial broadcast.

The alpine corridor in the north east has always been a bit of a void for terrestrial.

2 Likes

It’s for that reason why when the original season of Underbelly was banned in Victoria due to court supression orders, Imparja couldn’t show it at all:

5 Likes

Not exactly. The court found that airing the show would prejudice the proceedings of several ongoing court cases, and would leave them unable to conduct a fair trial (IIRC the show featured scenes which weren’t necessarily determined as actual fact).

There was technically no suppression order, just a judge saying that the program’s airing would have consequences. Nine could have aired the program, there was no suppression order. But if they were, they would’ve been found in contempt of court/guilty of sub judice.

2 Likes

Finally getting around to uploading my Imparja content from the other week …

The Advertisement Promo/Commercial:

CSA:

They still use the old 2012 PRG:

Billboards:

IDs:

Daily Lineups - they produce Imparja/Gem, Imparja/Go, ‘Next’ and ‘Tomorrow’ Versions.
It seems the colour of the ‘Tomorrow’ version corresponds to what colour will be used for the next day. The ‘Tomorrow’ version also aired between midnight and 6am of the actual day.
Wasn’t able to get the ‘Next’ version for the Sunday - as NRL game went over before 6pm News, I think they cut it out of the ad break, if the duration was changed.

9Gem Lineups:

I don’t think they make their own 9Go! ones (didn’t see any) - they take Nine’s one.
Its the only channel that doesn’t have alterations from the metro - no independent branding or Prime-time schedule differences

9 Likes

Promos - they don’t air as many in ad breaks compared to Channel Nine. I suspect this is because they take the clean feed and have to make their own.

In comparison you see lots more ads on Go and Gem because its the dirty feed (mostly, for Gem).

Comparing the proper 9Gem watermark and the one Imparja uses when on Clean Feed:

5 Likes

It’s good see Imparja use all the colours and elements of the Nine package. WIN promos never looked as good and I remember green lineups rarely being used.

4 Likes

Does anyone know which broadcast facility the VAST channels come from?

Or do different facilities provide VAST (SCTV, Imparja, Ten Central, etc)?

Because 7mate South (for example) is currently airing the film “Broken Arrow” (1996) at 8:30pm (AEDT - VIC)… Even though it doesn’t air in metro until 9pm?

Jumped into the future :thinking:

–

And I’d love to have this EPG window info back in metro, like Eleven South has here!

2 Likes

SCTV Central and TEN Central channels all come from Canberra like all the other SCA operated channels. Imparja channels come from MediaHub. They all send their feeds by fibre to the Optus Satellite facility in Belrose, which uploads them to the satellite.

7mate Central and other channels on VAST have a few programming differences for whatever reason. Biggest differences are seen on Gem during prime time. However, Broken Arrow’s start time may have been a late change as my TV guide lists it as 9pm on 7mate Central which was last updated around 3pm AEDT. Perhaps your source for 7mate Melb hasn’t been updated and perhaps aired it at 8.30pm too?

Titles that contain “Movie:” and the year are a Southern Cross thing. I prefer it too.

7 Likes

Whereabouts in country VIC are you getting VAST at?

1 Like

About 70km north-west of Horsham (guess the tiny town) :smile:

Thank you for that.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Video or still frame image?