Imparja Television

Video. It’s that amateur it’s hard to tell. :joy:

2 Likes

10 Likes

Bit of a tight squeeze there

9 Likes

That logo animation is mint. It’s a shame it’s never executed very well…

8 Likes

Very Community Television esquire.

Whilst I do like the animation, the background audio could have done with a bit of a redo.

The logo animation reminds me of this Ident from 2008.
Video: @anthony78977

I’d imagine that the animation was done on C4D which for me is one of the easiest 3D Animation software that I’ve used.

5 Likes

The background imagery is what gets me. Red on red never looks good.

Of which they had their own version:

3 Likes

It appears Imparja are no longer showing Nine News Darwin on 9GEM, despite their online guide on their website saying they do.

I tuned in to 9GEM tonight in the hope of watching it, but it didn’t air, with the metro 7:30pm programming airing at 7:30pm AEDT as normal.

Also noticed that the multichannels are a direct dirty feed from Nine, including Nine branded promos.
Though the 2018 “We are the one” promo aired on 9Go! Tonight featuring Peter Overton in QLD, so I assume the central north feed of 9Go! Is just a one-hour delay of 9Go! Sydney

5 Likes

Do the Sydney ads air as well?

Sounds about right. Plenty of times I’ve seen Sydney-centric promos on both Go! and Gem, particularly for news and current affairs.

Nup. They’re like any other regional Nine multi-channel; dirty feed except for the commercials. You do however see the occasional Sydney sponsor billboard if Imparja haven’t paid attention.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issues, Ideas, Suggestions

I’m curious as to why Imparja, after going with a single affiliation, has gone between giving a damn about its presentation (eg. the red box era), and just taking the Nine package but with its own name next to the balls?

I think their ‘red box’ era was their last attempt at an independent look and feel. It probably came about after a push for more local relevance during a board meeting or something. They were using the full Nine design before ‘red box’ too.

2 Likes

The ident now has a Celebrating 30 Years tagline.

9 Likes

9Go! idents have got the tagline as well.

9 Likes

Interesting to note that for decades now, the Mt Oxley site near Bourke has been well over power for the last couple of decades. Imparja and the rest of the services are well beyond what you’d think it’d cover even for the undulating plains of NSW there.

1 Like

8 Likes

This is straight out of the 1980’s MTN-9 presentation guide. What a dated joke, to think the client has paid for this low quality rubbish:

6 Likes

Yes, I understand Imparja is Indigenous-owned. But does its ownership actually serve any on-screen purpose? They have no local news beyond your garden variety noodle updates, and the only local content appears to be a children’s show called Yamba’s Playtime. From what little information I can scrounge together, they’re not doing too well with money; a good indicator being they replace Today Extra in full with infomercials.

With SBS broadcasting NITV nationwide, and ICTV (which itself grew from Imparja) available via VAST, considering likely content shared between the two, is there any need for Imparja to continue as a regional affiliate? Surely it make more sense to sell their license and work with either NITV or ICTV to produce content? Prime/GWN or WIN would in theory be able to use revenue from its other stations to help prop up Central and not have it struggling for cash.

Nope. Yamba moved to NITV. They don’t even have noodle updates anymore. Nothing is local except CSAs and commercials.

I honestly think Remote Central & Eastern is destined to be a solus market operated by Southern Cross. There’s no way the government could keep throwing money at a loss making station when SCA could just do the lot for a fraction of the price.

2 Likes

I thought the noodle updates stopped because of their office flooding - did they never start back up again?

2 Likes