Imparja Television

Very WIN like that one.

Not a good sign!

Is it just me or is that a tiny bit of the 9 logo showing to the right of the P? Or is it the N from WIN? Dodgy either way.

imp

3 Likes

It could have just been some extra scuff around the coverup due to the poor PQ, because in this shot it looks slightly different:

Also, not that it matters now, but I believe that Imparja does/did not broadcast Nine News Darwin on weekends. When I checked last weekend and the weekend before’s TV Guide, it was not listed on Gem.

I wonder why they didn’t air it?

Obviously now they would have no reason to, because the “Darwin” bulletin can be seen on Imparja North (Nine News Queensland).

Also, hypothetically, if they put Nine News Darwin on Go! instead of Gem, I wonder if they would show it on Go! North only or would they also put it on Go! South as well?

I assume that Northern Territory viewers would only receive the North service, so would there be any reason to put it on the South one as well?

5 Likes

What the WWOS coverup looks like on a black background:

When mentioning Imparja’s variations to the Nine schedule the other day, I forgot to mention another change.

It appears that they do not show Nine News at Five on Saturdays when Sydney/Brisbane does. They air programs like South Aussie With Cosi at this time. On Sundays they air the NRL as per Sydney/Brisbane but I assume when the NRL season is over they might not show the 5pm News on Sundays. And this weekend didn’t matter because there was NRL on Saturday afternoon.

8 Likes

IMP WWOS coverup without Live and Free

5 Likes

It looks like they might use the 9Go! Sydney feed for both North and South markets on Imparja.

I compared the PRG colour of 9Go! North and 9Go! Brisbane and they were different colours for “NOW”:

8 Likes

It would be interesting to know if they switch to 9Go! Brisbane during daylight savings or just delay the Sydney feed.

1 Like

It turns out ICTV (an open-narrowcast channel operated by Imparja) is on LCN 41 in Alice Springs. This suggests it sits on 41 wherever it is broadcast terrestrially.

https://ictv.com.au/news/44-ictv-in-alice-springs-well-worth-the-wait

4 Likes

Would love to see how it rates in Alice Springs, although I doubt it will get that treatment. It could probably do with an airing in Darwin too…

1 Like

It wont be apart of the ratings system.

It could be quite popular.

1 Like

I’d think it has about 1-10 percent of the market share in the area.

IMP watermark in the top-right during The Block for some reason. Even when Nine allows affiliates to place their watermarks bottom-right without obstruction…

9 Likes

Perhaps someone forgot to switch the watermark back after Nine News?

1 Like

Yeah I think you’re right. Still up there!

4 Likes

Is Imparja still using the WIN ribbon PRG or have they finally updated to the latest one?

I saw the old 2012 ribbon one yesterday.

2 Likes

Another odd Imparja/Gem promo ender:

Imparja Sales commercial:

8 Likes

I did not know that IMP covered Alpine areas of Victoria.

Is that Arial Black? :disappointed:

9 Likes