I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Really missing this show at this time of year. Wonder how it will perform up against some actual competition at Easter.

2 Likes

As opposed to no competition from the Australian Open tennis?

5 Likes

Looks like this will be the last year of Dr Chris Brown on In a celebrity. Heā€™s been poached by 7 from July 1 to work on ā€œspecial projectsā€. Interesting move. Not sure will like itā€™s been announced prior to him completing his stint on tIm a Celeb.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think it really matters, he isnā€™t contracted to 10, he is contracted to ITV, who also produce shows for 7.

No doubt will still be involved with ITV over the fence at 7, a company 7 has increased it relationship with in recent times.

Does appear though he is on 7s payroll directly, he has been freelancing around production companies for his career.

If ratings tank this season might be an idea for 10 to stop it at this season, how long has does 10 have the rights for? Seven might take it.

Grant Denyer and Julia Morris 2024 ?

Also there goes any chance of him being on a revived The Living Room which is ā€œrestedā€

1 Like

Maybe Beauā€¦ looks like The Amazing Race might not return.

Itā€™s a shame Dr Chris is leaving the network, but this is the only show where it will actually be noticeable. The Dog House could be narrated by anyone really.

3 Likes

I wonder if eventually he will replace Harry Cooper on Better Homes and Gardens.

2 Likes

Denyer is looking for work isnā€™t he? Is he even employed at the moment?

Need to find the right person that can bounce off Julia. Beau isnā€™t that person.

Obviously Chris can see that 10 is rapidly sinking and has made the right move, no doubt declaring ā€œIā€™m a celebrity get me out of here.ā€

1 Like

Also see statement from Seven.

I think its a good move for him and the right time.

Seven just has far more opportunists for him. Heā€™s a great talent.

2 Likes

Yawn!

And unlike the others at least theyā€™re affording him a final series rather than kicking him off the channel the minute he decides to go elsewhere. Thatā€™s the sign of a good employer.

4 Likes

Thought it was April 1 for a moment.

And if all else fails at Seven, thereā€™s the ever reliable Better Homes and Gardens dumping groundā€¦ Maybe him and Harry can re-unite on-air and in all seriousness, unless a sudden desire to axe the show, could be the perfect replacement for Harry who isnā€™t getting any younger.

2 Likes

The continuation of the end of Tenā€¦ā€¦ the bucket has a leak and it just keeps getting bigger. Shame cos he and Julia are made fir each other like Abbott and Costello

2 Likes

I didnā€™t realise that Chrisā€™s TV career began at Seven.

Given his new contract with Seven starts on July 1, one would think that the upcoming season of Iā€™m a Celebrity will have to finish before June 30.

If 10 renews the show, who can replace Chris in the hosting role?

1 Like

Rove, Sam Pang, Grant Denyer, Tristan McManusā€¦

a bit melodramatic, perhaps. Talent get pinched and signed up by rivals all the time.

8 Likes

Indeed, one network is particularly prevalent in pinching shows, talent and ideas from others. :wink:

9 Likes

The exodus of talent and staff continues. Bickmore, Helier, Wilkinson, Brown. Many more to follow.

1 Like