I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

I tried uploading the teaser to the new season but it seems that Eric Carmen is a blocker and doesn’t allow the song to be used on YouTube. Which is ironic considering the verse is a complete “rip off” of Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor :musical_score: Or perhaps it is because he has to pay royalties to Rachmaninoff’s estate for the song??

Doesn’t all music become public domain after a certain amount of time? Or is his music not old enough?

That music was public domain according to US law at the time (now changed) but not elsewhere in the world so it was subject to copyright in all other countries. Also happened to his Never Gonna Fall in Love Again.

1 Like

Promo here

https://10play.com.au/im-a-celebrity-get-me-out-of-here/web-extras/season-9/were-sending-the-celebrities-back-to-africa/tpv230109izwct

Probably could have worked well with Eric Carmen’s Hungry Eyes too. :stuck_out_tongue: Next year as a follow up. :wink:

1 Like

Really missing this show at this time of year. Wonder how it will perform up against some actual competition at Easter.

2 Likes

As opposed to no competition from the Australian Open tennis?

3 Likes