I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Yeah I’m thinking so given all the sudden media appearances.

Its a hard one to keep under wraps and NEW IDEA have already run a story on it so maybe they are thinking that its better to just reveal it early.

Is she allowed to go on I’m a celeb though and make money off it?

maybe if she diverts it to a charity?!?!

Must be true then. They never make stuff up. :rofl:

I just don’t think 10 would care if media outlets are speculating - even if it is correct. The moment they start revealing names the moment the articles will stop being written. They will write one article on who it is and then it will be old news.

Miguel off The Living Room. How underwhelming. Why is that a name they think is worth revealing so early??? I don’t see the point unless it was someone big.

2 Likes

New promo for this with Miguel feature. Quite a large production for a promo. Interesting strategy. Good they’re going January 5. I wouldn’t watch but probably some people would I guess.

1 Like

Don’t mind the promo, but not Miguel again… we already had him on DWTS this year :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s a great promo.

One theory would be they were happy with launching early and went fairly well against the Aus Open last summer, but would prefer to cement itsself and have a bigger audience base (and bigger head start) against the tennis this summer, as well as much of the cricket season?

Who Is Going Into The Jungle? The Mighty Mighty Jungle In 2020?

Season Six Premieres Sunday, 5 January At 7.30pm.

Fine, we’ll admit it. We love to torture a celebrity over here at Network 10 HQ. Well…almost as much as you love watching it.

If isn’t making a former West Indies cricketer perform the tango on Dancing With The Stars , it’s making Miley’s current beau dress up in a robot costume and moonwalk across The Masked Singer stage.

But is there anything better than dropping a bunch of showbiz superstars into the South African terrain, with little more than the clothes on their backs, all in the name of ratings and good old-fashioned home entertainment? We think not.

Yep! Fire up those jungle drums, dust off that old safari suit and get ready to play detective this summer when I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! season six premieres on Sunday, 5 January, 2020.

That’s right. We’re back for a cool five nights a week. And live. All via satellite from the South African jungle (not the Blue Mountains!).

Hosted by Dr Chris Brown and Julia Morris, this season will deliver plenty of fun and laughter, the most hideous and hilarious trials seen in I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! history, heart-stopping adventure and of course, endless surprises.

And speaking of surprises… we are excited to officially announce that an Australian comedian, an AFL legend and a television megastar will compete to win a hefty $100,000 cheque for their chosen charity, and the gloating rights of being crowned 2020’s King or Queen Of The Jungle.

Oh, and because we are feeling particularly generous, we will also reveal one of the names joining our fabulous cast. Did you happen to catch that sexy Spaniard Miguel Maestre in the first look promo?

That was no accident. The loveable co-host of 10’s TV Week Logie-Award winning The Living Room will be trading in his chef hat for an Akubra. Have fun making a paella out of rice and beans Miguel. Mwa ha ha.

Which celebrity clues will be unveiled next? Stay tuned… because we will continue to drop more hints than Jamie did to Angie on this season of The Bachelorette .

3 Likes

Isn’t that stating the obvious? If they weren’t happy would have they still launched it at that time of the year?

1 Like

Schapelle and Lindsay Lohan together in the jungle please!

4 Likes

How is that a theory? Lol. Obviously Ten don’t have Sport like Seven and Nine so have committed to programming for a larger portion of the year.

Last summer 10 launched it mid-Jan, a night before the Aus Open. Why change that after they themselves said it was successful. Clearly they want it way earlier for some reason. My earlier comment was one valid theory(ies).

I think this is more due to the 50 week schedule they intend to do.

2 Likes

Would Ten still get the same advertising revenue from the show in “non ratings” to if it aired not in the non ratings period?

Some article I read from a couple of years back about “non ratings” said networks charge advertisers lower rates over summer.

They could possibly get more. Depends on what advertisers want. There is no doubt 7 and 9 would generate good rates during the summer. And I am sure advertisers want their products advertised when people are more willing to spend cash.

1 Like