I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Not in another country away from their families.

1 Like

Thatā€™s how you make the big bucks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and a lot of other Aussies do work overseas over Christmas and New Years.

Hmmm members of the armed forces come to mind and they do it for years not a couple of months. Oh and they get shot at etc.

Iā€™m sorry but this is a ridiculous comparison if there ever was one.

Comparing having to work on a t.v. show over Christmas to working in the armed forces.

They couldnā€™t be anymore different.

A really strange comparison youā€™ve chosen there.

1 Like

IMO your comment re people being away from their family at Christmas for work is ridiculous. People do it all the time.

3 Likes

So itā€™s in the "non ratings " period yet ratings are still counted ā€¦ why do they call it non ratings then? Itā€™s not like Ten makes no money from the show from advertising .

I know plenty of people who would jump at the opportunity to be on a fun job on a different continent to their families over Christmas.

Due to the antiquated ratings system in Australia. :wink:

There should be no non-ratings season these days. All networks and streaming services are screening programs throughout the year now.

4 Likes

Good to see they still have a fun social team working on this show.

If only they could promote many of their other shows in the schedule like this.

These people are choosing to do it though. Most of these people are contractors and the TV industry fluctuates with jobs that are available so will take any work that they can get. Then they can then take time off at other times of the year when most people are working. Possibly there are even pay incentives to have to work in this period.

This seems to indicate a celebrity will be revealedā€¦tomorrow??

Seems a bit early?

Itā€™s starting on Jan 5th, so maybe theyā€™re trying to get more viewers in advance who would usually be on holidays? But yeah, it is quite early.

While people are watching the Cup. good moves.

1 Like

Do you think it will be a name or just some clues?

1 Like

Well they said ā€œreveal nameā€ so I expect a reveal name. I assume a plug in the largest ad break prior to the race.

Might need to be a big name, controversial, or a complete WHAT THE person going in to keep the media talking about it for 2 monthsā€¦

Caitlyn Jenner is going into the UK season, would have been a good pick for our version, as Warnie was still paid a million more than Jenner has signed on for

Isnā€™t it Caitlyn Jenner?

UK season filming on Gold Coast

Still not confirmed yet, if heading down under for a Aussie promo launch for our version?

Would be one hell of a get

Isnā€™t the rumor that it is shapelle?!

Would make sense given she gave an exclusive interview to Studio 10.