I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

5 Likes

Video

Thatā€™s 2 Weeks Earlier than Usually with the Big Bash League.

And this season will also be 2 weeks shorter, lasting 4 weeks rather than 6.

But not sure it will do that well considering it will have to compete with the entirety of the Australian Open + the Cricket.

2 Likes

But itā€™s not up against MKR

Another short promo aired during Jamie Oliver as well.

As it has been said beforeā€¦not everone watches Tennis or cricket!

3 Likes

Still enough do that it will have an impact on the ratings.

It is alternative viewing for people that donā€™t want to watch any of those sportsā€¦they arenā€™t looking to beat them.

1 Like

Samuel Johnson was just on radio in Sydney and dropped a pretty big hint that he is about to sign on for a reality show for next year that will help him raise money for his charity. Iā€™d say we have our first contestant! He actually would be quite entertaining and interesting to watch

3 Likes

Agree, I think heā€™d be great. Though it might be for Dancing With The Stars instead?

1 Like

I guess the idea is that Ten donā€™t have the sports this summer like the other networks, so they need to compete and have something leading into the ratings year. It also gives a head start on the other reality shows. It will either be a relative successful alternative for non-sports fans or it will flop big time. Hard to tell. I just wish they werenā€™t shortening it to 4 weeks it seems so short. I know they do this in the UK but Iā€™m pretty sure in the UK they also air it 7 nights a week.

There are already strong rumours about cast. I think Rhonda Burchmore and Honey Badger seem almost certain.

1 Like

Iā€™m thinking Dancing is more likely.

This was my only criticism of the show is that it seemed to drag. The last two weeks of the show were always quite boring. Iā€™m relieved they are shortening the series. Although I think this will be the last season with Big Brother to return in 2020 to launch the year.

3 Likes

Perhaps the shorter length would also convince some celebrities to take part. 4 weeks over summer when most arenā€™t working anyway.

2 Likes

Sure but they wouldnā€™t want to be thumped by them either

What about both? no training required for I A C G M O O Hā€¦and he could get fit during his time in the jungleā€¦ could be interesting continuity and attract a different demo to Dancing

I think you will find dancing will start straight after Iā€™m a celeb. So not really ideal to do both

Do you think they will air two celebrity shows back to back? I thought it would probably be Bachelor in Paradise airing although that would be a big risk to put up against MAFS.