I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Damn. I was kinda hoping the rumour was true of it airing earlier/shorter over Summer (leaving room for something new or BB in Feb).

Not sure if this link will work, it opened from Facebook for me, anyhow the article is all about Jacqui wanting to do reality tv
surely the producers have put out the call to Jacqui Lambie to appear on ■■■■■■■■ Australia…
I tuning she would be a great get, and nothing like the disaster that was the Oldfelds and certainly not as polarisIng

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fentertainment%2Ffiona-byrne%2Fformer-senator-jacqui-lambie-wants-to-be-on-reality-tv-because-she-needs-the-money%2Fnews-story%2Fb83fe2db93494ef7723fe14802e875b7&h=AT3xdOM0Romg00NVV2U_xvbxbg3lLlCOOxf8_Mx826eD49PhRaXVI_PYeeEetbVTGw8Y0A9M1gXZy3e8PETs8aQLZkGwOHkMcrjxgqyeway18aZs2upSvplmtOdS&s=1

There were rumours about Jacqui appearing last year and it never happened. I would love to see her on it, I think she would be hilarious.

Julia Morris appeared on ITV’s Good Morning Britain yesterday and there is a campaign to have her hosting the UK version alongside Declan Donnelly.

3 Likes

JMo lived in the UK for a while but it was a few years ago. Reckon her and Dec would make a great pairing.

3 Likes

She mentioned she lived over there for 7 years on her Good Morning Britain interview.

TV presenter Holly Willoughby will co-host the UK version of I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. Holly is one of four co-hosts on ITV’s This Morning.

Shame it’s not our Julia, but Holly is a very good option…and very funny

Following a show-stopping appearance on Channel Ten’s Trial By Kyle, Nasser is already lining up his next TV gig.

Nasser’s also rumoured to star on Channel Ten’s I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! next year, indicating that his fifteen minutes of fame are far from over.

Mildly interesting thing: Shane Warne confirmed that he got paid $2 million for I’m A Celeb 2 in his autobiography (I think was reported at the time of the season but it wasn’t confirmed) and that figure was more than the entire budget for paying celebrities for I’m A Celeb 1.

Highly doubtful they recouped this plus profit in ad revenue for the outlay. Silly move.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Herald Sun reports the next season will premiere on January 13, 2019, and will be reduced from six weeks to around four weeks.

2 Likes

Four weeks? Is it even worth the effort given that a chunk of it will go to air in the non-ratings period? I know it’s a shorter season in the UK but this is quite an expensive show to make for such a short period of time.

1 Like

Personally i am looking forward to the shorter season. And I think we need to start looking past ratings/non ratings.

7 Likes

Good to see 10 ignoring ratings periods. This is what they mean by programming for 50 weeks of the year.

5 Likes

It does tend to drag towards the end, so a shorter season is welcomed.
The UK version goes by very quickly with shorter eps and season leaves you wanting more… unlike the Aus season that by the end I tend to skip and not care missing eps… love JMO, but the schtick does get same same after 4 weeks

3 Likes

Short promo aired tonight during The Project promoting the premiere date of 13th January.

The theme song was a version of ‘Summer Holiday’.

3 Likes