I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

Let’s change that to a no thanks.

3 Likes

No I tried watching CBB US and I find the UK format a 1000% times better. I don’t find people strategising all the time interesting or the strongest people going out and being left with weak lame players. I also don’t like the house guests deciding who wins. If I wanted to see that I would watch Survivor. There’s a reason not many countries have adopted the US format.

Not necessarily high brow or classier, but up to now the challenges have all had an aspect of the celebrities testing themselves, pushing themselves to the limit, overcoming fears, etc. this just felt like a cheap parlour game. But I concede, it was a one off and tonight’s was back to the usual. Just a shame about the intruders now.

I don’t mean to sound like a bore. But do we need to talk about a BB revival in this thread. I avoid the big brother thread for this very reason.

1 Like

I am just saying there is no difference between BB and this show except for the challenges and the jungle setting. I will stop talking about it now.

1 Like

Alex Mav being EP for both shows explains the similarities.

2 Likes

This show is bad this year…shocking cast! There are no celebs in there! Very boring to watch! Married at First Sight i can’t believe I’m saying it…is more entertaining! :joy:

1 Like

Even without him, the similarities were already there in the original UK version. And he is the one thats going to destroy this show as well. He has already proven with BB that he is not a good show runner, so I dont understand why Ten chose him for this show.

Are you forgetting that Alex made BB12 and 13 - very well made and rated well. And also made seasons 2 and 3 of IAC which were also excellent. Also is EP of Love Island so he must be pretty good at ideas and executing quick turnover TV don’t you think?!

1 Like

Easily forgotten as there were only 11 series.

1 Like

Maybe he confused I’m A Celeb Series 1 and 2 were Big Brother 11 and 12.

They are probably referring to the 10th and 11th seasons, produced in 2012 and 2013.

Big Brother seasons were often referred to by their year of production. When it started in 2001 this made sense as the first season could be (retrospectively) called BB01. In 2005 the 5th season’s promotional material even used a “BB05” logo, showing that these names were even used behind the scenes.

When Big Brother was cancelled in 2009 and revived in 2011 the season number no longer matched the year of production, so the community was divided over calling it BB09 (9th season / now on Channel 9) or BB12 (produced in 2012). I don’t remember ever coming to a consensus for that.

Yep my bad. I was working in years, BB9 (2012) and BB10 (2013) were the Secrets year and the Tim Dormer year right? And they were both Alex. As was the last 3 IACs.

Probably the same people that whinge about this season being boring are the same people whingeing about them adding people that are actually going to make good TV (even if it’s just the two of them bickering amongst each other, it’s hilarious). I would rather the Oldfields on there over the majority of this seasons cast

1 Like

You need to have some scruples though. I don’t think you need to give racists, sexists and homophobes a platform to spread their hate even if it does “make good tv”.

3 Likes

I missed most of last night’s episode so did the Oldfields say anything bad on the show?

Whilst BB 11 and 12 were alright, they were nothing compared to Ten’s BB. And Nine turning the show family friendly completely turned me off.

The show is clearly not connecting with viewers this season, seeing it dropped hard and can’t get out of the 500s. It wasn’t even featured in the top 5 demos last night.

1 Like

I am precisely that person. What is good TV is subjective though. If I wanted to watch bickering and awful personalities, MKR has that covered. I don’t mean to sound sappy, but I remember last years IAC to have a more positive vibe, more about the comedy rather than intorducing people purely to cause division and fights. Look at Mundine, just because you have an (awful) controversial opinion doesn’t make you an interesting or watchable character.

And really the change in formula doesn’t seem to be working. This time last year we were at mid to high 700,000. This week it’s been lucky to crack mid 5.

3 Likes

Exactly. He turned viewers off the show and now they got two more of them.

5 Likes