I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!

I don’t recall either of them being racist or homophobic on The Real Housewives of Sydney and they have not said anything along those lines on celeb yet either. They have only said bad stuff about each other which is actually quite funny to watch.

No. Nothing along those lines has been said on the show, except last night Josh made a comment about being concerned with David being racist as he was a member of One Nation. But that’s all. Most of the people complaining or giving their 2 cents on these supposed racists and homophobes probably don’t even watch it, like JBar.

Whilst I agree the format needs a bit of a refresh that could have caused a drop off, I do think the Olympics have come into play in regards to ratings too. It was when the Winter Olympics started that the show dropped about 100k viewers.

1 Like

Are you freaking kidding? You need to stop watching these contrived reality shows and do some research. Go back and see what Lisa Oldfield has said and done in the past. Have a look at what David Oldfield said and did on First Contact on SBS. That should have been enough for producers to keep him off any other reality show and not build him up to be a so called celebrity.

4 Likes

Two words: First Contact.
Mr Oldfield was vile.

1 Like

I know at least Lisa is not a homophobe, she made many appearances at Midnight Shift (a gay bar, that has since closed thanks to the lock out laws) during the Real Housewives of Sydney’s run.

If you agree or not with them being cast, there is no doubt they have already made an impact.

1 Like

Somebody needs to alert the channel Ten publicity department to the fact the network no longer has the rights to The Simpsons and it’s probably not a good idea to be using a show that is about to debut on another network to promote your product.

07%20pm

13 Likes

Am I the only one that thinks David and Lisa are actually good?

People who call David a racist clearly didn’t get to the end of First Contact and actually see his transformation and his eventual understanding of that culture. And Lisa while clearly OTT at least seems genuine.

It seems like the celebs and social media aren’t willing to give them a chance which is a bit ridiculous. And for what it’s worth I’m on Team David when it comes to the circumcision debate with Paul.

They are definitely more watchable than Bernard and Anthony were that’s for sure.

1 Like

They are ignorant bullies who don’t deserve the air time.

4 Likes

Exactly and completely agree. My point yesterday was that both David and Lisa have done numerous shows since First Contact (such as Hells Kitchen, Real Housewives of Sydney etc) and there was nothing homophobic or racist on those shows. Sure on Housewives we saw them argue, swear and bicker but that’s what makes them so entertaining to watch IMO and I think it will be funny if we see the two of them like that on Celeb.

Obviously they have been put on the show as they are controversial but most people in this thread, on social media and even the celebs are judging them based on comments made over 2 years ago or exaggerated headlines. Let’s cling to a couple of comment that was turned into a headline and just rule someone out of anything because of it. People change and often go on these shows to improve their public perception. David bounced back from his comments by the end of First Contact. I’m not saying he necessarily is a different person and he probably still has views that aren’t deemed socially acceptable, but I haven’t seen any of this stuff come up on any of the other shows that they’ve done in the past couple of years. If they say the wrong thing well then vote them out of the jungle.

You don’t watch it and never have anyway so you shouldn’t care.

Last night was undoubtedly the best episode of the season. This is more UK style now putting people in the camp that are going to stir things up. It didn’t take much for people to immediately judge and react to them. Seeing people get so offended over a discussion on circumcision was hilarious (even though I didn’t agree with David’s opinion, people fired up pretty easily). I’d much rather this to the kumbaya happy campmates we currently had.

Surely I’m not the only one that has noticed this! When Chris & Julia go into camp to announce who is doing the tucker trial, or who has been eliminated, just about every time the chosen person(s) are sitting in the middle of the group on the logs. I guess they’re instructed to sit in certain positions, but surely they’ve caught onto the fact now that whoever is in the middle is almost a certainty to be chosen…

5 Likes

I absolutely agree with that, I thought it was a fantastic episode.

David and Lisa have been pleasant since their arrival and thank goodness that at least Jackie has an open mind to accepting and embracing them. Hopefully the other campmates can come around to them over time.

2 Likes

Looking at some of the most successful season of Big Brother UK and other similar programs, the education of so-called “ignorant bullies” can make for compelling viewing.

1 Like

Perhaps he keeps getting asked about it and just answers the questions. Maybe he talks about a million other things but the producers focus on these chats because that’s what they think people are interested in.

2 Likes

Well Ben (her husband) keeps campaigning on her social media accounts for people to vote her into the tucker trials… which I don’t understand. Usually people don’t want to do the trials and they are voted in as punishment.

He was literally sitting there and sobbing about Diana the other night. I’m certain that he constantly harps on about it because he knows that it will both give him airtime and it keeps people wanting him on shows like this. It’s been 20 years now and he still rambling on about the same old things.

1 Like

Of course. He wouldn’t be there otherwise.

1 Like

Either he is a d**k of a husband who wants to torcher his wife or wants to help Jackie get more screentime by being the player in the trials. Given that the format of the competition is essentially a popularity contest based on an edited show, giving someone the opportunity to play in the trial gives that person more content on the TV show and allows for more of an opportunity for a viewer to vote for Jackie to be saved at evcitions and to win in the final vote.

Torch her, as in, set fire to her? :fire:

2 Likes

A new low for I’m A Celeb in the ratings last night with 489,000 viewers.

Lisa Curry’s partner repeatedly asked his fans to vote for Lisa in the Tucker Trials. She wanted to do the trials so was happy to get this support.

I was under the impression that most of them wanted to do the trials because it gave them the day away from camp and the boredom. Like Kerry said Shannon wanted to do the next one.