iHeartRadio

And yet Australia has “digital video jukeboxes” (CrowdDJ) in bars rather than “digital jukeboxes” (eg. TouchTunes in the USA), which is not an improvement from our previous “video jukebox” service.

However, digital video jukeboxes are more interesting, as you can get to investigate into different video versions rather than play whatever’s on iTunes.

Like what is on YouTube?

1 Like

Really enjoying the Classic American Top 40 channel. A lot of lost classics. 2ue should do top 40 charts. However the back announcing by Casey is great. That also makes the show. I could list a lot of songs I never heard of before or could be lost to radio or never played by radio in their regular mix even back in 80s.

3 Likes
1 Like

Noticed an opportunistic pop up station on iHeartRadio, “Club Quarantine” playing cheesy songs related to the current situation.

2 Likes

From Radioinfo:

iHeartRadio Australia has experienced a 31% increase in registrations and a 26% increase in new users, with listeners also increasing their duration of engagement, with a 5% increase in time spent listening to stations across the KIIS, Pure Gold and The Edge networks.

Read more here.

5 Likes

Another network seeing and bragging about a growth in online listeners.

Are we overdue for another infamous Laws Telegraph ad?

2 Likes

Another way for ARN to promote its stations into regional areas and also into NT and Tasmania, where it doesn’t have any presence.
4 Likes

The Darwin page on iHeartRadio has Territory FM Darwin, and 8CCC Alice Springs.

2 Likes

I just noticed that the Nine Radio stations including 2GB, 3AW and 2UE have been removed from iHeartRadio. I’ll have to go back to TuneIn and Radioapp to listen to 2UE.

iHeartRadio teaming up with Sky News may have had something to do with it??

2 Likes

Saving money?

Keeping control of metrics within their own IT sphere?

Could be, however they happily accept Sky advertising for their former beloved, Alan Jones’ show.

The whole idea of being on all streaming platforms was a smart one, increase reach and availability, be found wherever your audience wants to find you.

So I don’t agree with Nine winding this back. It’s short sighted.

I listen via various third party online streamers such as Radio Emu and the like.

3 Likes

The pop-up station will be broadcast on iHeartRadio app and AFTRS FM website until September 4.
Great learning experience for students of Australian Film, Television and Radio School.
3 Likes

The networks continue to hire at the top while cutting from the bottom.

2 Likes

It’s always concerning to see an operator especially as large as iHeartRadio using MP3s in their playout systems…

Capture

4 Likes

What format should they be using?

1 Like

You’d hope at least WAV.

1 Like

It’s radio though. You don’t exactly need a lossless format.

True. What would you suggest would be the optimal format for automation audio files?

WAV, but if you must, 320kbps MP3.

1 Like

I’ve just noticed that the Rebel Media stations (Rebel & Breeze) can now be streamed via iHeartRadio.
The same for EON’s Sunshine Coast stations, Sea FM & Mix FM.

4 Likes