iHeartRadio

If iHeartMedia was only $20 million in debt there would be no problem. Radio Today gets it wrong again! iHeartMedia is actually $20 billion in debt.

2 Likes

I heart media looks as though they are advertising 2GB, 3AW, 4BC, 6PR & Macquarue sports radio tpo gain 3AW & 2GB & 3aw some arn listeners while gaining 4bc& 6pr & macquarue sports radio the rest of the RAN listeners

iHeartRadio has been sending out promos for the then Fairfax now Macquarie stations for a few years. Nothing has really changed from my observations.

1 Like

I was listening to the NZ 80s channel driving to Sydney on the weekend and around Mittagong I was surprised to hear an ad for the Wollongong Telstra Shop in amongst the couple of NZ commercials. So it appears to me that iHeartRadio are sending out targeted advertising.

2 Likes

Have done for a while. I listen to Coast from NZ and during ad breaks I get local ads to wherever I am.

2 Likes

Wow, V is still going? Ditched it long ago, atrociously amateurish programming.

From Radioinfo:

iHeartRadio Australia have launched the iHeartRadio app on Telstra TV devices across Australia.

The new partnership gives Telstra TV customers unlimited access to the free iHeartRadio service, featuring live radio stations from across Australia including ARN’s KIIS and Gold Networks, ABC and SBS, Macquarie Media, Kinderling and the ACE Radio network.

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/iheart-move-telstra-tv

2 Likes

The Ron Burgundy Podcast. It’s getting good reviews.

1 Like
1 Like

Have you Heard about a New Station playing Mostly Rock Music called The Tap List?

1 Like

Full list of Australian radio stations available via iHeartRadio: https://www.iheart.com/live/country/AU/

In what has to be the best example of wasted bandwidth I present you Testing 1,2,3 on iHeartRadio with a song to ad ratio of 1:1.

1 Like

TIL iHeartRadio’s 80s and 90s stations appear to be localisations of iHeart80s and iHeart90s, playing from SCA’s music library rather than their own.

Are there any differences in playlists between the iHeart versions and the the Pure Gold/KIIS versions?

2 Likes

Nope - the only difference is local branding and spot breaks. Originally these were played out locally at each station, though this is no longer the case as I’ve been led to believe.

I’d like to know how you draw this conclusion.

There’s no link between ARN’s 80s and 90s stations with the iHeartMedia streams - the clear Australian flavour to the playlists alone is a dead giveaway, let alone the PAMS style jingles used on the American streams.

Remember that the Australian stations first launched back in 2011 as Mix '80s and Chemist Warehouse Mix '90s - the Chemist Warehouse brand deal later moved to a bespoke station, Chemist Warehouse Remix, in September 2012.

3 Likes

I actually prefer the US iHeart 80s rather than the Australian version.

2 Likes

Pulse FM in Hobart has become the first narrowcaster in Australia to stream on iHeart Radio:

1 Like

Another round of major layoffs at iHeartRadio in the States.

Via Billboard

It sucks, but it isn’t surprising that the position of radio DJ will barely exist within a few years. iHR can just automate all the playlists and compete against Spotify or Apple Music.

1 Like