Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Everyone just needs to stop engaging with the same trollish comments that come up everytime.

5 Likes

Flag the post. It’ll send an alert to all mods.

We’re probably a little more reluctant to remove them if we arrive after the fact and there’s 20+ posts following which reference that post while also adding to the discussion.

10 Likes

Also if there’s funny posts. That also helps.

6 Likes

I’m pleased to report that I updated my iPad to iOS 16.6 today and those issues I had with replying to/quoting certain text are now fixed! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I have become aware of a (now former) member who has been attempting to push a vendetta against another member through a sustained, targeted campaign of harassment of staff requesting the other user be banned from the site.

This is not on - not only is the behaviour unacceptable, as is the use of sockpuppet accounts to continue to push this vendetta. It’s also important to mention that it may also be against the law and serious cases will be referred to the appropriate authorities.

If you have a concern about another member, by all means, raise it with a member of staff, but don’t continue to pursue some kind of hate campaign because you don’t like the outcome. I can assure you now that these matters are taken seriously when raised and we have removed a number of members in the past on the back of these queries, we purposefully don’t make a big deal about it when it happens because it’s not appropriate to do so.

I will be making no further comment about the specifics of this incident - but take this as a fairly blunt warning, if you think it’s ok to behave like this I suggest you fuck around and find out that I can be an absolute arsehole and will have zero hesitation in ensuring you never participate in the site again.

31 Likes

Anyone else jumping tonight?

Everything is so slow.

2 Likes

Hamster been eating too much?

Mushrooms?

11 Likes

Don’t tempt me with a good time.

1 Like

Van Halen today: lots of jumping around…

Why was the ratings thread for September 13 locked?

This would be why.

3 Likes

The latest version of Discourse has added reactions - I’ve left it turned on as a trial for the moment, but if we don’t think it will work we’ll switch it off.

Also, a heads up - the hamburger menu (the one with three lines at the top of each page) is changing in the next upgrade

4 Likes

I did prefer reactions when we used them a few years ago. Will be interesting to see how they work now.

3 Likes

Used appropriately there is definitely a benefit to them - but it shouldn’t replace the need to post your thoughts :wink:

We can tweak the emojis used as well

3 Likes

Certainly was a tricky topic…

On another note, does the site delete likes (like e.g., TikTok)? Sometimes I go on thread dives for something or another and there are posts I 100% would have liked (amongst ones I have liked) and I’m wondering if the site does remove them after a while (I would say this would only be an issue for myself given the below statistic :joy: :wink:)?

1 Like