Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Why has the Paralympic coverage thread been locked immediately after the games?

3 Likes

The thread was for coverage of the event, which has now concluded.

3 Likes

And yet threads for series which haven’t aired in years remain unlocked and are often bought back from the archives years later when the series is revived on a rival network.

Baffling decision, especially for an event where “coverage” is a much bigger issue than who hosts what and how nice the graphics are and it would be natural to have follow up discussion in the days that follow for thoughts on how coverage might develop in the future. You left the Olympic thread open for a week.

The problem is the sports threads post event almost immediately descend into fantasy sports rights threads.

5 Likes

Seems he is still single

The strategy might just not be working?

2 Likes

we’re waaay off topic now, but I think it’s more to do with the fact his main non-negotiable is a woman that has never been in a relationship before (and also implies a bit more than that) even though he himself is in his 40s :clown_face:

3 Likes

Why do we always have to close “X Network 2022” threads? I’m sure a lot of people are keen to discuss what’s happening on each network next year.

There’s nothing to discuss yet.

4 Likes

There’s heaps to discuss that has never been touched on before, like Bull or why Ten’s news strategy isn’t working.

18 Likes

There are threads for that already
As for Ten’s news strategy not been ‘touched on before’ - where have you been ??

Think it’s a good idea not to take what he said so seriously :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

4 Likes

Just wanted to express my frustration at some of the, what I believe is, unwarranted hate and pile on from other forum members.

I’ve been on MediaSpy for a little over a year now and absolutely love it, from commenting on media topics to coronavirus topics to everything in between. If I’m being absolutely honest, it’s becoming harder and harder to get passionate about the forum recently because of what I believe is unnecessary hate and pile on just because of the views I’m expressing.

Let’s just remember we live in a free country and we should be allowed to say what we want, as long as we can back up what we’re saying and it doesn’t cause a major degree of hurt. I’m the first to acknowledge that most of my views on coronavirus related topics are different to the majority of users, but is that any reason to attack me? Whether it’s the pile on of user after user accusing me of working for the Liberal Party, or being some nutjob loony, or continuing to push an agenda that I’m a child because of the nature of my comments, it’s all a bit much and over the top.

I guess what I’m saying is that any user should feel free to write whatever they like on any topic on this site without the fear of multiple people attacking them for expressing a different point of view. This pandemic has been hard on everyone, do we really need to add on people’s stress and emotions with countless attacks and insinuations? Let’s just chill, people.

1 Like

Yes and people have a right to reply and counter your views. I’m sure the mods are policing any abuse, if you aren’t into robust debate then avoid those topics and areas.

8 Likes

But you’re comments are full of attacks and insinuations and you are invoking those responses because people disagree with you.

7 Likes

I don’t think I’ve ever made anything personal though. I encourage people to reply if they disagree with what I’m saying so we can have a debate and nut it out, but there’s a point where it all becomes a bit nasty when users say things like “The sky is blue…FootyKick: No it’s not.” Or saying that I work for the Liberal Party just because I support a certain issue. My point is that we can have discussion without it turning into a pile on of what is unwarranted hate.

If it’s hate then it is removed by moderators.

It’s one thing to report facts and it’s another thing to be opinionated. If you’re going to keep giving your opinion one way or another, then you can expect to be challenged.

Also remember the option to flag any posts that you feel oversteps the mark

4 Likes

Yeah but that’s okay because

Just don’t reciprocate, of course.

2 Likes