Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

Even adding an optional ‘pro membership’ feature that provides extra benefits for a fee etc.

I like that idea. @bacco007 Maybe we could allow pro members access to the weekly mod team Zoom meetings?

8 Likes

:pleading_face:

Do I have to take a pro membership out to get an invite?

11 Likes

You keep saying you’re “busy”

7 Likes

Don’t know what’s happened overnight but I now can’t click on these buttons at the top right on desktop. When I click them, they just scroll up the thread. (The buttons work on the Latest view)

Any chance the moderators could waive the three-posts-in-a-row maximum for more obscure threads, such as Overseas TV History, which get fewer posts than an average thread and where a person may end up being effectively locked out and prevented from adding posts for a long time (or forced to edit existing posts even when the different subject matter would otherwise warrant a new post)?

We can’t change it per thread - we’ll consider a change to the value though

2 Likes

Just bringing this up again. Still a problem for me. Tried a cache reset with no luck.

If I am at the very top of a thread, then I can click the buttons, otherwise if I’m at the latest posts in a thread then clicking the buttons just keeps sending me up a few posts and I cannot open the menus.

Is no one else having this issue??

I would like to share some of my archived, Austar channel screenshots/caps in the TV History category, however I have just discovered that we can no longer create new topics in it. There’s an existing “Pay TV History” topic, but very little of the posts have screenshots/videos and i’m worried that my screenshots might seem out of place if I were to post them in it. Is it okay for me to post them in that topic or is there another topic which I should post them in instead?

I think post them there.

2 Likes

Sorry, I missed this one - I’ll have a look and see if I can replicate

Hi all, I haven’t visited the site in a while, I can’t seem to have the site display with a black background.

Clicking the three horizontal lines to the left of my membership at top right and choosing ‘MediaSpy Dark’ is doing nothing?

What’s going on? Have a missed news of a temporary problem?

This should help, underneath the poll.

What does that setting show as?

Theme: MS Dark in the drop down. Still grey text on white background.

Might need @bacco007’s eyes on this one. I have just tried myself with all three on dark (phone’s setting, MS Interface setting, three lines on right corner (so-called ‘hamburger menu’) setting), but staying white also.

1 Like

Thanks @Aurora and @bacco007 and all.

Hi Kushaa, appreciate your concern and point of view. Unfortunately we’re just not in a position to provide bespoke responses to every post that gets deleted or removed. Sometimes it will be self-evident. But as a general rule, if you are unsure about where to post an item, consider that there may be other threads more relevant. e.g. If it is about a particular program (non-news) then chances are that there is already an existing thread for it.

If you are still unsure, ask in here and someone may be able to point you in the right direction.

2 Likes

Just following up again. Still an issue for me. Also of note, my screen is 2560x1440. If the window is smaller (say, < 1300px) then the issue doesn’t happen.

Try hitting the Toggle Dark Scheme button that’s now in the menu:

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 17.31.53 pm

I’ll have another look - there were some updates for the theme the other day, but it may not have fixed it

1 Like

Thanks. If it helps too, I tried toggling all the themes and it still acts the same.