Hunted

Yes next 10 should do The Circle Reality TV show…Not the Early Morning Chat show.

4 Likes

Two previews of next week’s episodes were shown during the debut of Brain Eisteddfod tonight, and I notice that the Hunters put up a “Wanted” poster at a tram stop (with a mobile contact number) and on a very tall electronic billboard on the side of UniLodge building on Flinders Street, right across from the railway station, asking for public help to find the teams.

In the UK they used radio to call out for help. I am not sure how legit all these things are though. I don’t recall see anything or hearing about anything.

I don’t understand how some of teams are just trying to toy with the hunters. I remember watching one overseas season where a contestant just hiked for the 21 days. I think that is what I would do. I would just go bush and keep walking.

1 Like

Jess and Erina literally had AirTags on their bags…

I bet all these “friends” could be found on acting agency websites…but I’ll still keep watching :joy:

Probably so producers can find them if they become separated, though would be of limited use given the teams don’t have phones.

The hunters don’t have direct access to that data. It goes to producers and then there’s and independent producer who decides what the hunters get. Basically to simulate the real world, so the hunters say we request this, or we’ve done this, and that producer gives them tue information they would have received in the real world.

3 Likes

Good call and should be available soon now the Netflix series, and hence exclusivity, is coming to an end. It’s a perfect fit for 10 and a brilliant format - indeed kind of sad they went down the Netflix route which I’m sure gave them loads of cash upfront (which funded the complex used in Salford) but meant we only saw 4 variations around the world rather than dozens of them. Indeed it would have sold like crazy during the early days of covid had it been on the open market with it’s built in social distancing.

No, that happens. The new celebrity series has been filming recently and both fugitives and hunters have been using the media and social media to their advantage.

P.S. Not sure you had the format in Australia but Hunted owes alot to Wanted, a format which aired on C4 in the mid-90s which was basically reality TV before we knew what reality TV was. That unfolded live with weekly shows with pairs of “runners” chased by pairs of “trackers”, earning cash for each day they evaded them. They had to complete tasks each day whilst on the run and then in the weekly live show had to call in from a phone box.

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Wanted

2 Likes

There will be a special encore of the first three episodes on 10 Bold tonight from 8.30pm, if anyone is interested.

That would be compelling for the three people that watch Bold specifically for it. Will probably send Bold’s shares down to the toilet.

Sorry? Bold does quite well in demos.

Tom is saying those who watch Bold’s crime shows will not watch Bold tonight due to Hunted being on.

Yes that’s what I meant. Every time a network tries to air these encores marathon anywhere the ratings tank and I wouldn’t be surprised if it did (though happy to be proven wrong).

And regarding to Bold in terms of ratings, it doesn’t appear to be doing as well as it did two years ago. Peach is beating it quite comfortably these days.

Watching this now… what’s the point for some teams to change their appearance? Wouldn’t it just be a dead set give away with the camera crew filming them from behind? :wink:

might be better off putting it on 10…might increase their Saturday night share!

The first three episodes are on 10 Shake tonight from 7.30pm, also if anyone is interested, and for those who missed the marathon on Bold on Thursday night, and the main offering on 10 from earlier this week…

It’s not Grant Bowler is it? Grant Bowler - Wikipedia

Episode 1 is now up to 140k in VPM catch up viewing; the top broadcast show of the week (Love Island UK is higher).

3 Likes

No

It’s getting a little far fetched now.

Third Time’s A Charm, Hunters Nab Elusive Team.

Captured: Derek & Courtney, NSW.

The ultimate game of cat and mouse continued tonight with the Hunters hot on the trail of Indigenous friends Derek and Courtney. But their time on the run came to an end after their friends unwittingly led the Hunters to pounce on the pair at a property north of Melbourne.
Earlier, the Fugitives had narrowly evaded capture in inner city Brunswick at the home of their friend Sophie. Knowing it was a risk, but with nowhere else to go, Derek and Courtney returned to Sophie’s house for the night.
Ground Hunter Team Delta arrived at the residence in the morning to question Sophie further but discovered the Fugitives about to make a run for it. A foot chase ensued and Derek and Courtney proved too quick, able to outrun the Hunters to make it to getaway driver Sianna’s car in the nick of time.
The Fugitives were driven to Sianna’s friends’ home, Jackie and Ray, in Lalor, north of Melbourne.

Under intense pressure, Derek and Courtney strategised their next move at a nearby park in case the Hunters showed up at Jackie and Ray’s.

Now aware that Sianna helped them escape, Hunted HQ accessed her phone records showing two calls made to a contact, Jackie. Confident that Jackie was likely harbouring the Fugitives, Team Bravo placed the property under surveillance.

After being collected from the park, Ray drove the Fugitives around the area on the lookout for suspicious vehicles and when all seemed clear, they returned to the property. The game was up though when Team Bravo pounced and the Fugitives were captured inside the car. Their time on the run was over.

Proud Whadjuk Noongar man Derek and proud Biripi woman Courtney were philosophical about their capture, happy to have positively represented their community during their adventure.

Again, the promo spoils the cliffhanger. :unamused: