Hunted

The show is being a stripped Sunday to Tuesday. Sundays premiere is almost 2 hours long with Monday to Tuesday closer to an hour. Not too bad in terms of saturation.

2 Likes

The first episode is 78 mins without ads, not too bad for the first show and didnā€™t feel too long.

Yeah I definitely have my reservations about some of the techniques used, wonder how many are recreated just for tv use and for the flow of the show.

Canā€™t believe some of the teams so far, more on that later when the show has aired on Sunday.

Maybe if this is successful. They might do it in other states of Australia and maybe do Celebrity editions as well

Slightly premature :slight_smile: If successful, I suggest they shouldnā€™t change anything.

5 Likes

God help us if this is mildly successful and they plan on over saturating us with more of it.

Less is more.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the last thing we need.

3 Likes

Anyone watching? First impression is that the bad acting in the HQ is really weird and distracting.

They called Keilor an inner city suburb??

Donā€™t mind it!

The acting in HQ is shit but to be expected, the big question I have is how are you meant to be covert with a huge camera and camera man chasing you?

Bit of a dead give away lol

1 Like

Not anymore. Lasted half an hour.

Iā€™m watching again tonight after watching the preview screening on Friday, and itā€™s good.

Its not perfect and it is a tv show after all, so there are certain liberties that need to be taken to get the required footage to make it possible but outside of the initial release in Federation Square when all eyes were on them I canā€™t see the camera operator following them being too much of a hazard when it comes to being found.

Be lucky to get 300k watching 5 mins of this. Seems very fake.

I donā€™t think this is what the viewer wants. Back to Netflix I switch.

1 Like

Needs to move a bit quicker. For a show chasing fugitives itā€™s a bit slow.

4 Likes

The people in HQ seem to be reading a autocue or script.

1 Like

Iā€™m enjoying it. They have been to some locations that I know as well which makes it interesting. Thereā€™s a lot of interest and chatter amongst my friends, getting lots of texts/msgs throughout.

1 Like

Itā€™s a solid format, but the fakeness really does ruin it, and itā€™s so unnecessary. It would be a faster paced show if they just edited it out, nothing would be lost.

1 Like

We are enjoying it but I do agree a bit snappier would be good. Also agree this is going to tank ratings wise, no one knows it on.

Only heard one ad on the radio today about it and I only know because I follow the Aussie tv landscape like you all.

1 Like

One thing I loved about the earlier versions of The Amazing Race. So unscripted and real.

These shows fail due to becoming a product of what Producers want, when they want, and how they want. Block has gone down this path also.

Everyone so harsh. Iā€™m really enjoying this. Something different to whatā€™s on Aussie tv.
Hope it does ok.

5 Likes

It started slow but its picked up now. I would enjoy it more if I was a dumb bogan who believes this is all spontaneous but the scripts and scenarios are a little far fetched.