Hunted

The preview for tomorrows show featured the contestants from the cliffhanger the show was left on tonight, showing how some of the pursuit ensued and probably ended with the ground hunters.

Bit sloppy for that to be featured, though if my memory serves me correctly 10 have a habit of this sort of thing so not that surprising either.

Good show tonight. Will watch again tomorrow. Might feel pacier if the remaining episodes are closer to an hour.

2 Likes

Who is the narrator of this show?

Great first episode tonight, but it could have shaved off 15 minutes by reducing the recaps.

By the way, the building supposedly housing Hunted HQ is located on 568 Collins Street in Melbourne CBD.

1 Like

The show got better towards the end. Faster paced, and the acting was less wooden.

Although it was uncomfortable viewing as they started unzipping peoples tents, is that legal?

3 Likes

Same thought going through my mind

Sounds familiar doesn’t he? Very documentary sounding.

My guess is they had clearance for that if they announced themselves, made their presence known an called out to whoever may be inside and had reason to believe they may be hiding.

The guy in HQ gave direction something along the lines of being able to check inside, but not penetrating the tent.

I thought it was a great first episode. The second half was definitely better as the action got underway. I didn’t notice the acting in the HQ that others have mentioned.

2 Likes

Fugitive Fails To Pull A Swifty.

Captured: Michelle, QLD.

Some of the world’s most wanted criminals couldn’t do it, but can a regular Aussie evade capture for 21 days to win the ultimate game of hide-and-seek?

Tonight, with nothing but an overnight bag and $500, nine teams made a run for it. Unfortunately for Michelle, she couldn’t run fast enough, making her the first Fugitive captured on Hunted, and her partner Angie, still at large.

Assembled in Hunter Headquarters were the Hunters, an elite team of investigators from around the world. Leading them is the Chief, former Detective Superintendent Dr. David Craig, an internationally recognised expert in surveillance and covert operations. Strategically placed around Victoria are a team of Ground Hunters, all with extensive military and police backgrounds.

Queensland sisters-in-law Angie and Michelle, both in their fifties, had given themselves the team name Swifty Fifty, determined to prove that age is just a number.

Accessing Angie’s devices, the cyber team discovered prior communication with friend Jacque, who was driving them to her home in Geelong.

HQ accidentally called Jacque from Angie’s phone which spooked the Fugitives and forced them to leave Jacque. But with the local motel fully booked, the pair returned to Jacque’s against Michelle’s better judgement. Meanwhile, Ground Hunters, Team Delta, arrived in Geelong and narrowly missed the pair driving by.

On the run for a second day, Angie and Michelle planned a diversion by sending Jacque out first in the car, to then meet her on foot one block away. Team Delta pursued Jacque’s vehicle and after Angie and Michelle attempted to get in, a foot chase ensued.

Angie managed to get away in Jacque’s car but Michelle was chased down, making her the first Fugitive captured.

17 Fugitives remain on the run as Hunted continues Monday night at 7.30pm on 10 and 10 Play.

Wouldn’t surprise me if this is one of the staged elements…they are not real campers tents….??
Maybe they belong to the Hunters….just like the ATM footage is not real….a lot of go pros must be in use to recreate all the “cctv” footage they are claiming to have access to

It definitely picked up pace as it went on. Sure some of those surveillance room scenes (particularly towards the start) felt a bit put on but otherwise it was good. It has definitely got people talking and was trending #1 on Twitter, so hopefully it does well.

I was surprised that if 1 person in a pair got caught, the other got to continue. Why wouldn’t the teams just split up then?

I also found the tent opening scene weird. I’m guessing that if they found the girls (or even if they didn’t) they stayed back to film some of extra footage of opening tents that they had gotten permission too.

I enjoyed the first episode. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season pans out.

1 Like

Before Yesterday, If No Captures, the Winners would all get $5,555.55 Each, Now with One Capture, it’s now $5,882.35 Each. If another Capture Happens, each Non Capture will win $6,250.

Hunted got off to great start last night with 619,000 metro viewers. 10 says it is its best new program launch since The Amazing Race.

3 Likes

In the UK version it often happens that all are captured. So it could end up no money is given away.

1 Like

I enjoyed the premiere. Was definitely a little contrived and expertly edited, but what reality show isn’t these days.

It did drag on a little bit, think this show in particular would benefit from a snappier run time. I’m glad it rated well for 10, the quality of production and the launch campaign deserved the reward of viewers tuning in, test will be whether it holds over subsequent nights - I hope for 10 they’re rewarded after taking a chance on something new.

3 Likes

Wishful thinking they’d have a 1 hour episode. Why tf do we need 1 hour and 15 mins. I pine for the days when schedules were on the half hour. So much neater and practical.

1 Like

Why do they all have air tags on their bags?

Do they all have them? Or only the ones that were court?