Hunted

Going off their casting page, It will be filmed next February and March. I also noticed that it says that you can apply as a team of two or solo. So I assume thats a new element to the game for next season

3 Likes

I just didn’t buy any of it. The show is so contrived and set up. The hunters tracking a fugitive based on wet footprints from a person that just left a house on a fine day with no sign of moisture on the ground made me laugh. The mis-labelled location footage and other artistic licences taken by the producers- it all reeks of badly disguised bullshit.

6 Likes

Same as this year. So I think we can expect to see it air at the same time after Masterchef.

I wonder if that’s to do it completely alone or for producers to pair you up with someone else. Doing it solo for 21 days would be a huge challenge

1 Like

Overall I enjoyed the first season of Hunted despite so many flaws in editing and filming, and even comments from people working at Hunted HQ regarding contestant Rob’s body shape.

As I posted previously, the production staff needs to refresh its geographic knowledge of Melbourne and greater Victoria. Have a few copies of Melway and UBD Gregory’s street directories on hand.

1 Like

The series got more contrived as it went on. 3 times in that episode the hunters were acting on speculation without any solid leads, put heavy resources into an idea and turned out to be spot on. As if.

2 Likes

White guy blinking

Checks calendar year

13 Likes

It was a tense finish with Stathi and Rob both making it to the extraction point at Inverloch, Rob with just seconds to spare with the Ground Hunters hot on his heels.

Jake made a huge mistake by going to his friend’s Cordy’s place when he should have gone to find a lift out of Melbourne at the first opportunity. Not surprised by his capture at a nearby park.

There was a huge blunder in the finale, with a camera operator spotted in (fake) CCTV footage following Jake in Melton railway station and Rob in Canterbury in Melbourne’s east. That really gave the game away.

Loved the series and whilst there are negatives (editing) good on 10 for green lighting something different and new.

Hopefully in season 2 they can get the locations right :rofl:.

Keep the episodes short and sharp and this might even grow to be bigger than series 1.

3 Likes

He is Dr David Craig. He appeared on Studio 10 and The Project (at the desk) yesterday to talk about the show, and also his career in the Australian Federal Police.

Not a blunder at all, they’ve been seen many times throughout episodes and there’s really no way of escaping this given the filming constraints.

Also the suggestion that the fugitives should escape during the night is pointless given the rules, losing the obvious camera operators would affect the quality of the overall broadcast.

There are definitely things that could be improved in S2, but take it for what it is - it’s light edge of the seat entertainment.

The only reality show on TV for many years which was appointment viewing for me.

5 Likes

To be fair… you wont be using google maps on your phone. So having a ‘hard copy’ map would help.

1 Like

You just have to accept as with all “reality” TV it exists within the reality of it being a television show. Once you get your head around that and enjoy it for what it is it really does stand out within the genre, even if it is frustrating at times or raises a few questions. Such as where the cameraman went when Jakob exited the flat?

I’m guessing too one of the unspoken rules is that the fugitives themselves must make the phone call to get the extraction point as surely otherwise you’d pass the details on to someone else to make the call from another location and then get the details back to you. I’m also guessing considering the tactics of both teams towards the end there must be a rule that you can’t split up until the final couple of days of the run.

Overall though a brilliant series and really interesting to watch as a Brit who has been watching our series for the last few years. I would say actually the finale lacked a bit of the tension and the drama we’ve seen in our finales - I never once felt like Rob or Stathi were going to get caught towards the end and the extraction location didn’t really offer any last minute complications to up the ante (I think our last one was an island in the middle of a lake).

1 Like

I thought Inverloch was an interesting choice as an extraction point, given Karen and Brittany were in nearby Cape Paterson in the first week during their escapade.

1 Like

#1 New Show Of 2022 Gets Ready To Run…Again.

Hunted: The Extraction Captures 941,000 Australians.

Hunted , Australia’s #1 new show of 2022, will return with more edge of your seat antics, for a second heart-pounding season of hide and seek.

After the runaway success of season one, which captivated an average of 1.09 million total national viewers and also saw Rob and Stathi out run the Hunters, Australia’s real-life game of cat and mouse will return with another batch of devious Fugitives, and our expert Hunters on hand to track them down.

Hunted debuted as Australia’s #1 new show of 2022, premiering with a total national audience of 1.25 million. It continued to break records on broadcast and video on demand and captured key advertising demographics.

Key highlights across Hunted’s run:

• Hunted-The Extraction averaged 941,000 total national viewers.

• Hunted- Finale averaged 859,000 total national viewers.

• Series averaged 1.09 million total national viewers.

• #1 new show of 2022.

• #1 in its timeslot in total people, under 50s, 25 to 54s and 16 to 39s.

• 23% bigger than the competition across the series.

• Biggest new series on 10 since The Masked Singer in 2019.

• Biggest audiences on 10 Play since The Bachelor 2020.

• 160,000 BVOD viewers.

• #HuntedAU trended in the top 3 every night it was on air.

Daniel Monaghan, Senior Vice President, Content and Programming, Paramount Australia and New Zealand, said: "We’re thrilled Australian audiences have been captivated by the gripping reality on Hunted.

“With the undeniable success of the first season, we can’t wait to bring Australians more action, investigation, strategy and epic captures in season two.”

If you think you have what it takes to evade being captured and want to be on Hunted Season 2, go to 10play.com.au/casting

Hunted is an Endemol Shine Australia production for Network 10.

1 Like

When it’s staged footage and we know they do go back and refill elements to get the angle right I think they could have done the same here. Especially for the footage that gets given to the hunters.

Although maybe the lack of time to do this shows just how rushed and “real” those moments were.

2 Likes
1 Like

Herald Sun reports that the Andrews government and Metro Trains have slapped please-explains on production company Endemol Shine for filming various scenes on the Metro network without permission. A Metro spokeswoman said the Hunted production company did not apply for a permit prior to filming.

1 Like

so that brings up questions about how would they possibly know where to get film permits for if its after the fact? I mean if it was real the fugitives could run anywhere and if someone doesnt sign a permit or release form what happens?

2 Likes

Winner Stathi Vamvoulidilopoulos is another reality show contestant who has appeared on another television show.