Hunted

How’s that unrealistic? If it was the Police they’d be even for firm and have actual authority?

Clearly by helping the fugitives the other people are participating in the show and agree to the show entering their land. I imagine the producers would be in the background making sure the hunters only go into properties where they have the appropriate approvals.

But it’s realistic. If you go on the run from the police they can freeze your accounts in the same way.

These people aren’t police. They’re just random former cops and security people. They have no authority. So there’s nothing compelling these people helping to tell the truth. They should lie to assist the huntees to win.

There were some possible major spoilers in the opening tonight, showing certain fugitives in a final chase.

If you take that line then the contestants aren’t really fugitives so they have no need to run.
The hunters are simulating the role Police/Law enforcement take in a search for fugitives. For that to work they need to have similar authority within the confines of the show or there’s no point.

1 Like

This is the frustration, the hunters act like police when it suits them, then take advantage of the contrived situations of the production when it suits them, they need to pick a lane.

There is nothing realistic about providing police with account access prior to going on the run, then being restricted to only that account.

Ok so then the people can just lie. How do they know they’re not lying.

In a real situation, the police would contact the banks and have details of every account belonging to someone based on address and other contact details within 24 hours, and would be able to access history in the same way.

And they do. It’s the Hunter’s experience with people who tell lies that leads to either not believing the person or asking enough questions for the person to back themself into a corner and give up lying.

2 Likes

The way the hunters are going it wouldn’t surprise me if the fugitives was too fast for them or they didn’t get their way they would just pull out a gun or taser and shoot them to stop them.

Hunters Hungry For Fugitives.

Captured: Lavinia, NSW and Matt, VIC.

With just a handful of days until extraction, the Hunters were hungry. On tonight’s heart-stopping, penultimate episode of Hunted, the Hunters proved they eat fugitives for breakfast, ending both Lavinia and Matt’s time on the run.

Following fiancé Nick’s capture by the Hunters last night, Lavinia found herself alone on a long bus ride to Melbourne, overwhelmed at the prospect of being on the run alone, with just $50 and a Myki card to her name.

Trawling through Nick’s belongings, the Hunters surmised that Geelong may be Lavinia’s next destination. Having the ability to track the bus she was on, the Hunters knew that the bus would stop only once en route in the town of Drouin, but trusted that Lavinia would feel safe and stay aboard to Southern Cross Station. With multiple Ground Hunter teams deployed, as the bus pulled in, Team Delta pounced. Lavinia had nowhere to go, ending her time on the run.

Meanwhile, Stathi and Matt headed to Daylesford to attend the ChillOut Festival, a popular LGBTIQA+ festival in regional Victoria. The Hunters discovered an email between Stathi and popular drag star Dean Acuri, appealing to Dean for his help.

The Hunters started tracking Dean and intercepted a phone call from Stathi, with the coded message about a meeting somewhere in Daylesford, “where they first met Avery”. While the Hunters scrambled for any connections to an Avery, we learned that this is in fact Stathi’s alter ego drag name and the location referenced is the laneway behind the Daylesford Hotel. Two Ground Hunter teams were immediately deployed.

Despite the risks of being in such a busy location, Stathi and Matt continued with their festival plan, confident that the community would have their backs.

The Ground Hunters spotted Dean, dressed in drag, waiting outside the front of the Daylesford Hotel, not the laneway behind that Stathi had specified. The Hunters waited and watched, ready to pounce. Having walked into town, Stathi and Matt separated, and observed from safe distances.

Realising Dean’s mistake, a desperate Stathi risked his cover to get a message to pub goers in the rear beer garden to ask Dean to meet them two blocks up the street. When Dean received this information and made his way to the back of the pub, Stathi and Matt became nervous that their plan was unravelling. Next minute, Stathi spotted Team Alpha’s car and a foot chase was on. Matt was run down by the Hunters on the main street, with Stathi managing to bolt in the opposite direction and escape.

Having made the tactical decision to split up, Jake and Rob are now travelling solo, and along with Stathi, are the last three fugitives on the run. Will the Hunters track them down before they make it to the extraction point? Find out tomorrow night in the epic grand finale!

Im wondering what would happen if the fugitive ran faster than the cameraman

1 Like

Baffles me how a drag queen knowing they’ve arranged a meeting on a phone call in which the fugitives were aware the phone call was probably being listened too would then turn up to that meeting in full drag. Indeed quite interesting how the Aussie fugutives are concentrating more on disguises - that’s never really been a factor in the UK version.

I think the cynicism around the format is somewhat natural - we saw it in the first couple of series in the UK, but overall the quality of the production kind of ultimately wins you over. Like all reality shows you have to just accept it’s produced within the confines of being a TV show and I think the show has been mostly honest about how it is produced, though perhaps need to have talked more about “gold command” - essentially the production base which sits between the fugitives and the Hunters and supposedly ensures a fair game. It is there the information of their whereabouts is collated and only when specific requests are made to the hunters is that information released to them.

Ultimately it’s no different to those on Married at First Sight not getting married, The Block renovators largely having tradies to do the renos and Survivor and Big Brother having far more intervention from production than ever implies on screen.

3 Likes

I wonder if post-production was done in Sydney, since the Melbourne crew was busy working on season 14 of MasterChef Australia at the same time?

I would say a second season would be done in Sydney (NSW). If they are allowed to film there.

NSW is far too big and 10 already has a strong Melbourne audience and presence, they wouldn’t want to mess that up. Victoria is a good size for a show like this.

1 Like

But I just feel that it might be too repetitive… a new environment (city) would help launch a second season of this show.

2 Likes

Casting call for season 2 during tonight’s ep.

3 Likes

And season 1 has just finished.

Season two to come (later…).

Rob And Stathi Out Run The Hunters To Win Hunted Australia 2022.

Captured: Jake, WA.

18 ordinary Australians went on the run, relentlessly pursued by an elite team of Hunters with their reputations on the line. One by one, the fugitives were trapped, cornered, and captured. In tonight’s heart stopping finale of Hunted, Fugitives Rob and Stathi did the impossible and reached the extraction point, winning a share of $100,000. Here’s how it went down.

The three remaining Fugitives, Jake, Rob and Stathi had to call a phone number to receive extraction details, learning it would be at 1pm the next day, at Inverloch Coastal Reserve. If they evaded the Hunters and made it there, they would win a share of $100,000, but their phone call would alert HQ of their whereabouts and how they accessed the information.

Still shell-shocked after Matt’s Daylesford capture, Stathi scored a lift and headed towards Melbourne. Jake and Robert had previously decided they could double their odds by splitting up, with Hunter HQ still unaware of their plan.

First to call the extraction number was Jake. Having persuaded a stranger to give him a lift, he used a payphone to make the call and fled back to the car, parked cleverly away from CCTV cameras.

Second to call was Stathi. He used a stranger’s smart phone to call the extraction line and booked a taxi, planning to travel for as long as he could afford.

Using his old burner phone, Robert was the last to call for extraction details.

Going over old leads, Hunter HQ guessed Robert may have gone back to friends Cordy and Lachy in Hawthorn. Little did they know, Jake was actually there, planning on getting a lift towards Inverloch. When Team Alpha knocked on the door, Jake bolted out the back, scaling fences and hiding nearby. A foot chase ensued, but Jake was no match for the Hunters, and was captured less than 24 hours before the extraction.

HQ came across intel pointing towards the Inverloch area as the extraction point, and Team Bravo was deployed into a helicopter. After they spotted another chopper, HQ felt certain that the beach was the extraction point, exiting via helicopter.

Rob scored a lift to Inverloch, as did Stathi, who chose to approach via coastal walk towards the extraction point, staying away from roads.

First to arrive at extraction was Robert, who boarded the helicopter, elated. Stathi made a run for it across the sand as Team Bravo hit the beach at the same time. It was a neck and neck foot race to the chopper, but Stathi managed to evade capture just in time, with the helicopter taking off with the inaugural winners of Hunted Australia, Stathi and Robert, aboard.
Emotional, both vowed to split the prize money with their teammates, Matt and Jake, with Stathi hoping to start his surrogacy journey. Rob chalked up a win for the underdog, having often been underestimated because of his physique or profession.

On his win, Stathi, from Victoria said: “Matt and I went on the run to challenge some stereotypes, give more visibility to our queer community and help start new chapters in our lives. We’re so humbled by all the support and I will be forever grateful to Hunted for putting me one step closer to achieving my dream of being a dad. I truly hope that we have inspired others to embrace their authentic selves.”

WA based Rob added: “Going into this my main objective was making it to the end with my best friend, someone who has supported all my crazy over the top ideas on the run and at home. Winning is proof that anything is possible, no matter the obstacle. In the famous words of my buddy Jake (not Jesus), ‘if you’re not first, you’re last’.”

3 Likes

I think season 2 won’t be shown until mid 2023.

One thing is certain, the contestants will be smarter and use more of their disguising and interpersonal skills to avoid capture from the Hunters.

2 Likes