How To Stay Married

If you look closely you can read a review

Dr Chris Brown and Rove McManus gave the show last minute push:

1 Like

Quite enjoyed it. Not riotously funny but lots of laughs throughout. It has good writing and storylines. Great supporting cast.

3 Likes

Its being slammed on Twitter as per usual

2 Likes

I liked it! I can see myself watching the remaining 7 episodes.

1 Like

There will always be people who slam anything.

I think it was as good as a lot of comedies on the ABC. It was a thousand times better than Here Come The Habibs and a million times better than Street Smart.

3 Likes

That was of the best Australian comedies on commercial TV for a while. Some great LOL moments including the opening dream sequence. Seemed to get a very positive response on social media as well.

1 Like

I really liked it. Was a solid and enjoyable 30 min watch and I will definitely be back for more.
I wish the Aussie networks would commission more programming like this.

I hope that it performed well for 10, it deserves to.

1 Like

Just saw this on 10Play and loved it. Great to see Lisa McCune back on our screens, brilliant acting and casting/characters throughout. Relatable and not trying too hard. Hope more viewers discover this and the quality is maintained.

Hence why I think have to take much of social media with a grain of salt. A lot of people love being negative for some reason. Digging for reasons to object or be offended.

1 Like

Oh the irony of this post.:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::rofl:

Who said this got negative reactions on social media? I thought for a first episode it was really good. One of the better comedies I have seen in some time.

1 Like

I caught up on it today, wasn’t really a fan to be honest but did love the kids line about Family Feud being axed haha.

The show has an accompanying short web series for 10 play shorts, called Terry’s Talks:

Can confirm it is being encored in the post HYBPA slot Mon

Strange to see both of the main actors from Here Come The Habibs in the first episode as well as Lucy Gambaro from Wentworth

Is that because they’re in different roles? Actors often portray different characters. Lucy was also the mum in Bogan Pride and the guy from Habibs was Uncle Terry in the Moody Series.

I guess because the pool of Australian actors is so small to begin with, this is inevitable. Habibs was one of the only other Australian sitcoms of recent years so it was a little strange to see two of the main cast appear in this as well.

Yes as you say, the industry is small. But I see a lot of American actors in the same shows etc.

It happens in America too but they just produce a lot more shows so you’re less likely to see them.

1 Like

Terry’s Talks

Need some advice? Terry’s Talks is here!

Network 10 has launched Terry’s Talks , a web companion series to its hilarious new comedy How To Stay Married (HTSM) exclusively available on 10 Play.

Produced by Princess Pictures and written by Network 10’s digital editor Liz Galinovic, Terry’s Talks continues 10’s strategy of creating engaging digital program extensions for its shows. It is hosted by Terry Roach, played by actor Darren Gilshenan, who is the neighbour of HTSM’s main characters Greg and Em played by Pete Helliar and Lisa McCune.

Across the web series, Terry, as a self-appointed life doctor, imparts life advice through online motivational videos in his own hilarious and, at times, misguided way.

Terry’s Talks also stars Terry’s wife Marlo (Nikki Britton) and Greg’s brother Brad (Phil Lloyd).

Network 10’s general manager – digital Liz Baldwin said: “Broadcast programs no longer live solely in their overnight timeslots. Consumers are increasingly wanting more from programs asking questions like ‘What happened next?’ or ‘What is that character’s back story?’. Program extensions allow us to answer these questions and further develop storylines for super fans, off-platform.

“We’ve seen success with these sorts of programs including with Jury Villa delving into what happens after an Australian Survivor tribal council and After Paradise looking at what happens to contestants after they leave the Bachelor in Paradise island. Terry Talks takes a slightly different approach, developing a side storyline of a sub-character in a fun way.

“It was great to see our core under 50s audience engage with How To Stay Married when it premiered last week. It debuted as the #1 program in its timeslot in under 50s and was the #2 program of the night in under 50s and all key demographics (16 to 39s, 18 to 49s and 25 to 54s), after The Bachelorette Australia . We are hoping to replicate its broadcast success and keep fans of the show laughing on 10 play with Terry’s Talks .”

New episodes of Terry’s Talks will be exclusively available on 10 play after each How To Stay Married episode on Thursday.

1 Like