How To Stay Married

How To Stay Married

Starring Pete Helliar and Lisa McCune, How To Stay Married goes behind the closed doors of a two-point four family who are stuck in a rut. Greg (Helliar) and Em (McCune) have been married for 12 years, but their relationship is lacking any spark. Life gets complicated when Em goes back to work for the first time since the kids were born, just as Greg is made redundant. And the situation complicates further when Greg’s man-child brother, Brad, moves in.

How To Stay Married is a Princess Pictures and Pablo Pictures co-production which has received major production funding from Screen Australia.

Looks like it’s a spin-off of the episode of It’s A Date, they appeared in.

According to wikipedia their characters in that show were also called Greg and Em.

10_Logo_HowToStayMarried-500x281

1 Like

Summary from Screen Australia.

How to Stay Married
8 x 23mins
Princess Pictures Pty Ltd & PBL Entertainment Pty Ltd
Genre Comedy, Drama
Producer Jess Leslie
Executive Producers Andrea Denholm, Emma Fitzsimons
Director Natalie Bailey
Writers Peter Helliar, Nick Musgrove
Broadcaster Network Ten
AU/NZ Distributor Universal
International Sales Guesswork Distribution Pty Ltd
Synopsis: Greg & Em Butler have been married thirteen years and they’ve both got used to things just the way they are. So how will they cope with a new job, an unexpected house guest, a redundancy and an experimental sex move?

1 Like

The show is currently filming in Melbourne, with Peter Helliar as actor, creator, writer, producer, even director for one episode.

1 Like

Interesting to note that they originally pitched it to the ABC, who apparently gave permission for them to pitch it to Ten who picked up the series.

Shooting for the show wraps this Friday 24th.

Dr. Shivenko will be the best part!

1 Like

I thought it was a comedy?

Gold Logie hopeful :rofl:

1 Like

Oh I see. So are they taking the piss by labelling it a drama?

1 Like

Video - with the new female v/o ?

A First Look At How To Stay Married.

Starring Peter Helliar And Lisa McCune.

Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

Harry and Meghan. Tim and Anna. Biebs and Baldwin. It’s all champagne and roses in the beginning. But how do you keep the home fires burning 14 years down the track, when bikinis have made way for a one-piece and there’s a small child sleeping in your bed every night?

Starring Pete Helliar and Lisa McCune, How To Stay Married goes behind the closed doors of a two-point four family who are stuck in a rut. Greg (Helliar) and Em (McCune) have been married for 14 years, but their relationship is lacking any spark. Life gets complicated when Em goes back to work for the first time since the kids were born, just as Greg is made redundant.

A funny, honest, warts-and-all take on parenting, careers and partnerships in 2018, How To Stay Married tackles the big issues modern day marriages face, from managing screentime, to date night expectations and what actually constitutes hard-rubbish. The series also stars Phil Lloyd playing Greg’s man-child brother Brad, and unconventional neighbours Terry (Darren Gilshenan) and Marlo (Nikki Britton).

How To Stay Married is a Princess Pictures and Pablo Pictures co-production which has received major production funding from Screen Australia.

2 Likes

I’m really excited for this. I’m assuming it’ll take Playing for Keeps’ timeslot as that show is finishing up in a few weeks.

1 Like

Looks great! Hope it succeeds. We need more scripted Aussie comedy on the commercial networks.

So this show is 8 x 30 minute episodes. Are they going to team it up with Mr Black?

If so, why aren’t they promoting that show too?

WTF was up with the show naming department?

Why? I think this show’s name is great.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be overly surprised if that was a gag by Peter Helliar himself, because the guy doesn’t seem like one who’s known to take himself too seriously…