Hot Seat

It is still in the line-up until at least 5 January

3 Likes

So tennis til 5pm then HS?

Itā€™s a mixed bag that week - sometimes its night coverage only so there is room for episodes and sometimes its on during the day but its done before 5pm. Other days coverage is on 9Gem. Bit hard to explain but there is room for Hot Seat at least that week.

2 Likes

Why does Hot Seat need to be on? Itā€™s axed!

2 Likes

What do you propose they do? Start Tipping Point early??

1 Like

Idk maybe they need to finish playing the episodes recorded?? They donā€™t just take it straight off air

They already aired the final episode a few weeks ago. The show is currently in repeat mode.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be interested to see if there are any more repeats after Tipping Point AU startsā€¦ perhaps on a multi channel, overnights or weekends.

3 Likes

9Gem airs Pointless repeats in the mornings. They can always pair it up with Hot Seat. Perhaps. The multi-channels do need more fillers atm, especially during the day.

3 Likes

Even a dedicated multi channelā€¦ 9Gameā€¦ with repeats of Classic game shows including old eps of Sale Of The Century, Ford Superquiz, Blankety Blanks 24 hours a day! Iā€™d watch it :grin:

6 Likes

ā€˜Coming up next on 9Gem, itā€™s Australiaā€™s richest quiz Sale of the Century!ā€™

6 Likes

Today marks the Last Time Hot Seat will air on 9.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to miss Eddie and his antics. His helping out some contestants was very obvious. Contestant locks in an answer. Eddie then repeats key words in the question, askes ā€œtell me what to doā€, ā€œhave another lookā€, you have x seconds remaining" ect.

Then thereā€™s some who he ā€œdoesnā€™t likeā€, who say ā€œi think the answer might be Xā€, and it gets locked in.

There doesnā€™t seem to be any word if the repeats will appear on a multi-channel in the future, to fill in the gaps.

1 Like

Youā€™re sick!

1 Like

I will miss it too!

ā€˜The Chaseā€™ and ā€˜Tipping Pointā€™ donā€™t have the same level of banter as ā€˜Hot Seatā€™ and that, to me, makes it more enjoyable to watch.

1 Like

Youā€™re sick too. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The final sentence from Eddie in tonightā€™s episode was kinda fitting as itā€™s the last episode likely to be broadcast for a while.

2 Likes

What was it @MaddieWalsh?

Can you please quote the sentence from Eddie McGuire, Maddie?

I just watched the ending in Sydney. Eddieā€™s last sentence was ā€œWow, thatā€™s the Millionaire Hot Seat story. Goodbye everyoneā€ (or to that effectā€¦)

And on that note, goodbye Hot Seat.

1 Like