Hot Seat

From the TVTonight article posted above, it mentioned it would be airing at 5pm, so I’m assuming its going out nationwide.

2 Likes

It’s being promoted in Brisbane, so expect all markets.

3 Likes

They aired a different episode in NSW/QLD last year, so we will see what they do tomorrow.

2 Likes

Can anyone in NSW/QLD confirm which edition of Hot Seat is being shown right now?

3 Likes

NSW - Special with Tony Jones, Lehmo, Alicia Loxley

4 Likes

WIN Nine airing the My Room Telethon Special Episode 30 minutes earlier than GTV and same time as NWS as normal (WIN Victoria)

Whole country getting the special episode including NSW/QLD.

Tony Jones and Alicia Loxley on the special episode. I can remember last year when Alicia didn’t know what fruit Spongebob lived in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow great work Alicia.

Loved the banter between TJ and Eddie, surprised TJ got so many correct after his terrible performance in the fastest finger round!

Last Night ahead of the MyRoom Telethon on the 9Network, Alicia Loxley from Melbourne’s 9News who presents the News on Friday and on Weekends won $100,000 on the Millionaire Hot Seat Super Game with Eddie McGuire

2 Likes

Just checked the Freeview New Zealand TV Guide and TVNZ1 will air Hot Seat from 2:00p.m. Weekdays starting January 2.

1 Like

So even in NZ there is no escaping Eddie Everywhere.

We get British game shows mid afternoon here, so seems fair that Kiwis should get Aussie game shows mid afternoon there.

1 Like

New episodes of Millionaire Hot Seat return on Monday 30 January. Also new episodes of Tipping Point.

5 Likes

That’s great news!

I love how Nine has 3 game/quiz shows from 2-6pm with News at 4pm… for me that’s the perfect afternoon line up. Please never let this change.

I’ve always loved quiz shows going right back to Ford Superquiz with Bert Newton and the original Sale with Tony Barber.

7 Likes

Do we know which season Nine will be airing? My guess would be season 12.

2 Likes

Yes - next week, season 12 commences of Tipping Point.

4 Likes

Now i like Eddie, but to be honest, he isn’t a very good quiz show host from a technical viewpoint.

He stumbles over words, mispronounces things and today he gave away the answer in the last question in *Fastest Finger First" … he said “its going to be a bumpy what night” when ‘bumpy’ was the answer.

He wouldn’t do very well hosting “The Chase” with their timed periods for questions.

2 Likes

Could be worse, they could’ve given him the ACA job.

2 Likes

He’s popular and well known, and is a journalist so he wouldn’t be totally out of place on ACA.

Not that i care as i don’t watch ACA anyway

1 Like

Well he has done it before…

1 Like

I didn’t know that.

1 Like