Hot Seat

I remember they also had one when a question was posed about Sir Gough Whitlam in 2014/15, the episode being filmed before his death in October 2014.

4 Likes

New episode airing tonight with the return of the studio audience. They have returned to the old seating arrangement and are shuffling through seats again rather than having their assigned seat. Looks like they have upgraded the screens for Eddie and the players as well.

9 Likes

Ah yes, just turned it on now.

Audience size is smaller than it used to be (understandably), but great to see.

2 Likes

Also something we didn’t see last night were the available lifelines for the winner of Fastest Finger First. The “Ask a Friend” lifeline has returned with the studio audience, replacing the “Ask the Host” lifeline which as been in use during the COVID episodes. The 50/50 and the Switch are still available.

1 Like

It’s been good seeing an audience back for the show. When contestants bomb out early, or aren’t giving much away, at least Eddie can talk to the audience (family members of contestants) to waste some time.

On a side note, last night’s episode was a repeat with no audience. Should be a few weeks until the Friday repeats start featuring audience members.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Bit of a blooper on tonight’s episode. Eddie gave away the answer to a question which he was reading out and then swore (though it was bleeped out) afterwards!

I’m actually surprised they decided to leave it in and didn’t just re-shoot the question/scene at the time of filming.

12 Likes

I’m guessing Nine must be checking every episode / rerun before they go to air to make sure more recent events don’t make the questions / answers incorrect… this one already updated given the Queens passing.

8 Likes

They did the same for a question in which Gough Whitlam was the topic, in 2014/15 (after he died in October 2014).

4 Likes

Yes, I have seen it a few times too.

4 Likes

Another royal question popped up tonight with the same disclaimer. I wonder if they are pushing through episodes with royal questions first, or if they just ask more questions about the royals than I remember?

7 Likes

Its interesting that they put that disclaimer on it because the Q and As are still correct.

6 Likes

I still don’t see the point of the acknowledgement, for either one, it doesn’t change the question or answer?

6 Likes

I think in the first one, its because Harry and Meghan’s titles have now changed.

1 Like

It also contextualises the question I’m sure. Eddie and the contestant could have had a discussion about the royals that is no longer accurate etc.

3 Likes

Yes or if people deem the question to be ‘offensive’ so soon after the Queen dying etc.

3 Likes

Harry and Meghan’s titles haven’t changed, only their children’s titles have changed (or rather, they now have titles whereas previously they did not).

This Thursday (September 22) is a My Room special, timed to coincide with the AFL Footy Show telethon later that night. Taking part are Alicia Loxley and Tony Jones from Nine News, Anthony ‘Lehmo’ Lehmann plus ex-AFL player Nathan Brown, plus Carlton AFLW player Lucy McEvoy and Andrew McGrath from Essendon.

1 Like

Wonder if this will be exclusive to Victoria or shown nationwide.

I can’t this as a standalone program in the YourTV guide, so must be as parr of the Telethon.

The Telethon is not listed for NSW or QLD, so must be AFL states only.

3 Likes