Hot Seat

So is this just additional regular Hot Seat episode in primetime where someone reaches the $1 million question?

3 Likes

Sounds like it.

1 Like

It was Antony McManus of Carlton, Victoria who reached the $1 million question and won

4 Likes

How many people have won the million now?

Two people won $1 million under the current Hot Seat format.

4 Likes

Rob “Coach” Fulton and Martin Flood were the two original Millionaires taking out the top prize in October 2005. Edwin Daly in August 2016 was the other winner in the Hot Seat format.

1 Like

8 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

To me, the “Fastest Finger First” part of the current 1 hour “Hot Seat” format is the most boring part. I don’t think I could watch a show that is just that part.

2 Likes

Studio Audience set to return this year

6 Likes

Finally! They should introduce ask the audience for the life line.

3 Likes

It could be a 4th lifeline option, I like the “Ask The Host” that was introduced when they couldn’t have a studio audience due to COVID.

2 Likes

Hot Seat cancelled today due to the QLD/NSW flooding coverage

1 Like

it aired here in victoria so it was cancelled in QLD and NSW

1 Like

i think it only aired in southern nsw and act

1 Like

Tonight’s episode contained the following disclaimer on the final question:

I know that they have had this sort of thing on previous episodes, but this is the first time I have seen it in quite a while.

8 Likes

Because they could win one now? Or were they talking about Shane in the present tense?

I can only think it was so viewers would understand why there was a lack of acknowledgement of Warnie’s passing.

It didn’t have any impact on the answer to the question as all cricketers had retired years ago.

7 Likes

That would almost certainly be the case. I vaguely remember a time previously when they showed one where I think the answer was a business that had gone bust before the episode had aired, but I’m not sure if I’m remembering right. But given they were referring to Warnie in the present and very much alive tense, it was important that they let people know.

4 Likes