Hot Seat

How does Hot Seat work? I’ve been catching a bit of it waiting for 9 News of late and I can’t get my head around it.

They can pass? And come back later? But then some of them get it wrong and are out?

And who gets the life lines?

And then someone gets $1000 but the others don’t?

I’m so confused.

They only get ONE pass, and go the back of the queue if they use it, but if they get a question wrong, regardless of whether they have passed or not, they are finished.

Only one contestant gets a lifeline, that goes to the winner of the “Fastest Finger First” segment that runs for the first 25 minutes.

The last person standing, or whoever is in the Hot Seat for the final question of the night, wins $1,000.

Hope that helps :smile:

3 Likes

It does! I think!! Thanks.

Assume the format was tinkered with when it became a daily rather than weekly?

No. It was tinkered when it became an hour version in 2017 (it was a 30 minute version from 2009 until 2016).

2 Likes

Shall Channel Nine dig into the Archives and air Classic Millionare Episodes dating back to 1999 if new Episodes start to Run Out? Even Airing Martin Flood’s Historic Million Dollar Question from 2005?

2 Likes

I imagine they’ll just keep running repeats of the 30 or 60 min Hot Seat episodes…

Will be quite a while before they can have a studio audience for it at Docklands again.

6 Likes

They can do the show without one though surely?

1 Like

I don’t think so… you need real people to kind of “laugh” at Eddie’s Dad “jokes”!

Hot Seat usually films a few episodes a day, don’t they? If they were to film now, could the contestants on the other episodes be in the audience for the episodes they’re not in (as to some of the crew)? That’s if they cant have a proper audience?

2 Likes

MHS films six episodes per day, and as a contestant you and your support person are expected to be in the audience for episodes when you’re not competing or in hair and makeup getting ready. The majority of the audience are kids on excursions and other similar groups.

6 Likes
3 Likes

This is the final paragraph of an article in The Age/SMH today about shows filming in Melbourne which are affected by COVID-19 restrictions.

A Nine spokesman confirmed that new episodes of the Melbourne-made Millionaire Hot Seat will resume filming in the coming weeks with “strict adherence to health department guidelines”. Producers have no plans for a live audience at this stage.

6 Likes

A former Big Brother contestant is on today repeat episode of Hot Seat.

3 Likes

Yep. Going by Wikipedia this episode first aired on the 20th of February this year.

2 Likes

Nine were set to resume production this week.

2 Likes

Eddie said on Triple M Hot Breakfast today that Hot Seat was supposed to be filmed at Docklands Studios today, Tuesday and Friday, before the facility was shut down for a deep clean. Eddie said there is “a bit of a spill over” with the Masked Singer production crew and that the Hot Seat set had been modified with no audience, and a perspex screen installed between him and the contestant. He confirmed that the show would not be able to resume production until stage 4 lockdown was lifted possibly in September.

3 Likes

Eddie said on his TripleM Hot Breakfast this morning that Sony (who own the format and licence to Nine) allowed them to film lots of extra eps over summer, so must be filming/episode restrictions depending on their deal and I’d imagine similar with ITV and Seven for The Chase

4 Likes

:thinking:

11 Likes

Is that product placement?

2 Likes

Probably.

Whenever I’ve seen the show, it’s reasonably common to see Nine slip in product placement or cross promotion as Hot Seat questions.

2 Likes