Hot Seat

Tipping Point is oddly addictive.

However, it’s a tough one. the national figures flatter ‘the chase’ a bit. It smashes ‘Hot Seat’ in Adelaide and Perth, but it’s much closer in Sydney and Melbourne (where most of the ad $ are)

2 Likes

It takes time for a new show to catch on. The Chase UK wasn’t an immediate success. It took a while to gain an audience and then Seven were brave enough to do a local version.

The same could happen with Tipping Point.

2 Likes

In today’s repeated episode of Hot Seat, Eddie McGuire made mention of the late Cornelia Frances who played Sister Grace Scott on The Young Doctors.

What he probably should’ve mentioned was that she was also host of that famous game show…

2 Likes

Probably because that was on Channel Seven.

No doubt he would have mentioned it had it been on Channel Nine.

3 Likes

No mention of her roles in Sons & Daughters and Home & Away?

No.

Really :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

They should’ve added Leonardo and Kate!

2 Likes

When in doubt, go C!

It has been scientifically proven that 28% of all correct answers are C.

3 Likes

I tried that when I was on there. It wasn’t C.

4 Likes

millionaire usa is back

2 Likes

Is Nine still showing new episodes of Hot Seat? Under the current COVID-19 lockdown restrictions, the public isn’t allowed to come to the studio for recordings, so any new episode that has a full audience must have been recorded before late March when restrictions began.

There hasn’t been any change to the usual new episodes Mon-Thursday with a repeat on Friday.

2 Likes

Its a good thing that many game shows film multiple episodes in advance. Filming 3-6 eps a day for a few days straight of an x amount of weeks.

Has there been any filming since restrictions had began? Silly question here, but if so, would contestants from say, episode 1, be allowed to be in the audience for ep 2 and 3 etc? Or just the crew?

Are they struggling to get audiences, or is it to do with COVID-19 precautions? (though there’s no social distancing evident here)

4 Likes

They could follow the football model of cardboard cut outs and fake crowd noises!

5 Likes

I’ve always thought Hot Seat needs more booing

1 Like

When Eddie makes a pro Collingwood comment maybe! But that’s about all you can boo.

I feel they should take the name of the show more literally and make the seat get hotter :fire: the longer the contestant takes to answer :rofl:

6 Likes

The contestants are very close too, wonder if this was shot just as people were getting weary about going out?