Hot Seat

5 Likes

Watching Hot Seat on Nine Melbourne at the moment, there seems to be a sound error. The BGM and sound effects are playing but the voices seem to be muted.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it was just our TV.

2 Likes

A contestant was ā€œbeepedā€ for saying (singing actually) the word ā€œpissedā€ during Hot Seat today.

Havenā€™t seen that happen on this show before.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Nineā€™s new afternoon game show- Tipping Point?

Saw a promo during the cricket on 9Gem tonight, about ā€œBig Winners Weekā€ in which each day a contestant would win a large sum of money. I think itā€™s either this week or next week?

This week I think.

Every night so far this week someone has won either $50k or $100k, but nothing bigger than that so far.

After this weekā€™s Big Winners, next week is ā€œBig Characters Weekā€

You have to wonder about the quality of some contestants on Hot Seat sometimes.

This week, a South Australian contestant got a question on which state currently has standard issue car rego plates that were yellow and black in colour.

She (correctly) guessed NSW.

Then the conversation goes

Eddie: Have you ever been to NSW?

Contestant: I think so?

Eddie: Where?

Contestant: Wollongong? I went and saw a cousin there. Is that in NSW?

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Theyā€™re doing the best they can given where the show is filmed :wink:

3 Likes

Hot Seat has been bumped from the 5pm timeslot in Adelaide from tomorrow (February 17).

3 Likes

thatā€™s an interesting move with moving Hot Seat to 4pm in Adelaide only.

It may be temporary, but I donā€™t get what having the ā€œlocal Newsā€ at 5pm, followed by the normal 6pm news, which is also local, would do any favours? (note: its Adelaide only).

3 Likes

They would be testing the waters before going with two hours of news nationwide. Iā€™d say this is them reacting to Ten going 90 minutes with their news.

5 Likes

Plus when Hot Seat only rated 28,000 on Thursday, compared to 42,000 for The Chase, they must think news will rate better in the time slot

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting Nine waited this long before moving Hot Seat in Adelaide, seeing The Chase has dominated the timeslot in the city since it began nearly five years ago.

3 Likes

Interesting move for Adelaide viewers. Wonder if Perth, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney follow suit. Would be wise to have Hot Seat at 4pm then afternoon news at 5pm.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure Seven are closely watching this programming move as well, because itā€™s highly likely theyā€™ll also move to the idea of a two hour block of local news on weeknights if Nine enjoys any success with the idea.

1 Like

If other cities follow, I can see the prizes being reduced.

Top prize of $1 mil would stay, as would the $1,000 minimum prize, but in between I can see $250k dropping to $100k, $100k becomes $50k , $50k becomes $20k, $20k becomes $10k and $5k becomes the lowest prize on offer at the final question.

1 Like

Make of this what you will, ladies and gentlemen.

4 Likes

So if you love losing money playing poker machines you will love Tipping Point. Sounds like a terrible show if it appeals to poker machine addicts.

3 Likes

hang on nine has said there not going to do a local verison of tipping point unless there going to continue with the uk version??? and if hot seat isnt rating well whos to say tipping point will