Hot Seat

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but a recent promo for the real-life drama mini-series Quiz aired on Channel Nine recently. Will be looking forward to watching this!

6 Likes

It’s really good.

1 Like

I have seen the mini-series myself (via Apple TV); without wanting to spoil it for those who haven’t seen it yet I would highly recommend it.

The real-life Charles Ingram saga was massive news in the UK at the time in which it occurred (September 2001) but, if I remember correctly, it was mostly overshadowed by the 9/11 attacks which occurred the next day.

1 Like

It was a very good mini-series. Well worth a watch.

1 Like

Eddie tied himself into a real knot trying to come up with an answer to this question as “Ask The Host” on today’s episode.

His first retort to the contestant was “Do I look like a gardener?!”

He went for Bee, answer was Worm.

3 Likes

MILLION DOLLAR HOT SEAT - Prime Time Special

Thursday 25 November at 7:30 pm

In a special Hot Seat, six contestants go head to head to win the cash. Hosted by Eddie McGuire, Millionaire Hot Seat is a game of strategy, skill and survival.

The show will be followed by the FTA premiere of Quiz

4 Likes

wait it took almost TWO years for Quiz’s FTA premiere? Also, why not bring back the original format for the Quiz premiere?

What is the reason for this special

Someone’s probably won the 1 mill and they don’t wanna waste it at 5pm?

Or to promote / feed off Quiz.

1 Like

Channel Nine should experiment with game shows as Hot Seat is old in the afternoon slot

1 Like

Just hurry up and make a Tipping Point Aussie version and put at 5. Its always in Top 20 throughout the week.

1 Like

Yes! What would happen to Millionaire then?

Hot Seat isn’t going anywhere… yet. It’s still rating okay on the East Coast. Its been bumped to an earlier slot in Perth and Adelaide. and will remain there to fill up quota.

Although, in saying that, id rather have Hot Seat go back to 30 minutes long. Its one hour version is too long and drags on, especially when they answer too many questions wrong early in the show, and Eddie’s banter to waste time is getting worse and is very tedious.

1 Like

I prefer Hot Seat to Tipping Point.
I enjoy the contestant’s stories and exchanges with Eddie.
There’s none of that in Tipping Point.

Agree with @yellow_sock that 1 hour is a bit long, I only watch it from about 5.30pm onwards anyway.

4 Likes

Someone going for $1 million (that doesn’t mean he or she will win the amount).

3 Likes

Always the way

1 Like

Million dollar moment, hot seat heats up as contestant plays for the ultimate cash prize

Thursday 25 November at 7:30pm

Will one lucky contestant become only the second person ever to win a millions dollars on Millionaire Hot Seat? Find out in this prime-time special episode this Thursday at 7.30pm on Channel 9 and 9Now.

With only eight people in the history of the show to be asked the million-dollar question, will this contestant have the knowledge to go all the way and claim the biggest cash prize on television?

Host Eddie McGuire said “What an absolute highlight it is to get to the million-dollar question – you need so much to go right. So who wants to be our next millionaire? The Hot Seat has never been hotter.”

For the uninitiated, the game begins with Fastest Finger First, where contestants have 15 questions to answer with 10 seconds per question. The winner banks a bonus $1,000 cheque to be kept or used as a lifeline later in the game once in the Hot Seat. The game ends when either all contestants are eliminated or a contestant answers the last question correctly, taking home the amount of money accumulated on the money tree.

A whopping total of $86,098,000 has been won on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and Millionaire Hot Seat over the past 21 years.

3 Likes

So is this just additional regular Hot Seat episode in primetime where someone reaches the $1 million question?

3 Likes

Sounds like it.

1 Like