Holey Moley

I was really looking forward to this show but was left underwhelmed

3 Likes

I enjoyed the first ep. It’s a lot of fun.

Here’s a screen pic of the “42 other upcoming shows hosted by Sonia Kruger” lol

Great to see something fresh on Seven.

10 Likes

I know some people here find a reason to criticize seemingly everything and anything Seven shows. However, find this to be a weird criticism when it comes to Holey Moley because (to the credit of all involved) it was actually really faithful to the original US version

5 Likes

It’s admirable that Seven went to the trouble to replicate the American course and even add a couple of holes I don’t recall seeing in the original (Chicken Run). I don’t think you can call it cheap given the investment but Seven do themselves no favours by dragging out the format. I probably won’t watch a full show again because of that.

7 Likes

I think many of those who were disappointed had high expectations. I wasn’t expecting much from it and it lived to expectations. There were some funny bits like the list of Sonia’s shows - “Uranus - Deep Dive” snigger snigger and I’ll watch other eps. Probably not full eps, probably not all the time but for mind numbing zone out TV with hopefully some laughs it fits the bill for that.

Not really true, I always think Ten cops far more criticism. As far as I’m concerned I watched and will watch Big Brother on 7. Even though it wasn’t up to the original BB I found it enjoyable. So I don’t criticise all their shows. i could give you a list of some of their garish, badly produced shows from the past few years though.

I don’t hold back from the criticism of Holey Moley however, :smile: IMO it’s awful. The presenters looked like they were doing a very bad impersonation of Graham and the Colonel from the ABC’s classic The Late Show!

2 Likes

The thing that ruins this show are the contestants. You just can’t take it seriously when there is a guy are dancing around in speedos kicking his own head (literally) and then another guy combing his mega long beard on the course. It’s like they are all just acting and taking the piss. So then when they fall or topple over it feels like they are purposely doing it to get a reaction. If it felt like real genuine people who were trying I would care a bit more but it is all just too much.

4 Likes

Has anyone seen “The Floor is Lava” on Netflix?

Reminds me of that.

1 Like

And some of those obstacles look damn near impossible… hardly anyone has got through any of them yet.

3 Likes

Are these contestants via an agency like MAFS and all those other shows?

1 Like

I suspect this is going to continue to decline and we won’t see it back again. No one is talking about it and I couldn’t even pass the first episode before moving on.

Amazing race as it’s main competition at the moment isn’t much better either. Nothing to watch at 7:30… And before someone says it’s easy to hate on 7… Bring on big brother :slight_smile:

1 Like

Week 1

Monday

Montana’s marvellous hole in one

Montana Strauss takes first spot in Holey Moley Grand Final

Tonight on Holey Moley’s premiere episode, 23-year-old pro golfer Montana Strauss sunk a stunning hole in one on the final obstacle, claiming victory and the coveted Holey Moley plaid jacket and golden putter.

The win secured Montana the first spot in the Holey Moley Grand Final and a shot at $100,000 in prize money on Greg Norman’s top-secret Tomb of Nefer-Tee-Tee.

Montana edged out former pro golfer, James Carr, and interior designer, Danielle Murray, on the night’s final hole, Fowl Play, leaving her opponents coated in chicken feathers.

In one of the biggest upsets, Australia’s #1 women’s mini golf champion, Collette Norton, bowed out of the competition after falling short on The Distractor. The dulcet tones of Joe Dolce’s iconic serenade, Shaddap You Face, proved too much for Collette, who failed to sink the 12-foot putt.

Montana, who won the Australian Junior Open at the age of 15, is the first of Holey Moley’s talented golfers to win a place on the hallowed winners’ wall.

“I ticked off my goal of getting the green jacket, which is awesome, and now my next goal is to get the $100,000. I’ve just got my mind on that, and I’m super excited.”

Tuesday

Garbo Mark Duncan bags Holey Moley glory

Second golfer through to Holey Moley Grand Final

Another action-packed night on mini golf’s most lethal course saw garbo Mark Duncan bag the Holey Moley plaid jacket and golden putter – and a place in the fiercely contested Grand Final.

“Jacket and putter, a small step to get to where I’m going,” said the passionate golfer, who first picked up a putter as a toddler. “The big one’s at the top, $100,000 here I come!”

Mark snatched victory after defeating Jasmine Finlay and Michelle Natoli in a three-way putt off on bath time’s biggest hit, Putter Ducky, for his chance to putt for $100,000 on Greg Norman’s top-secret Grand Final hole, the Tomb of Nefer-Tee-Tee.

Brand new Holey Moley holes Surf N’ Turf and Putter Ducky also shared the limelight with Australia’s cheekiest, trash-talking puppet Agro, who put in a solid performance on The Distractor.

Wednesday

From footy to fairway: Michelle’s a winner

AFLW coach Michelle Cowan scores a place on the Holey Moley winners’ wall

You won’t find any of tonight’s wild Holey Moley action in a coach’s playbook, but that didn’t stop Michelle Cowan from taking out the top spot.

The AFLW West Coast Eagles assistant coach dominated the course, including slaying the fiery new Dragon’s Breath hole, to slip on the Holey Moley plaid jacket at the end of the night.

Dubbed the “silent assassin” of the competition, Michelle is now one putt closer to a life-changing shot at $100,000 on Greg Norman’s top-secret Grand Final hole, the Tomb of Nefer-Tee-Tee.

“I’m a competitive beast. I love to win. With years of coaching, I know what it takes to be successful,” said Michelle who has adopted a steadfast “plan to perform” mindset heading into the Grand Final.

Michelle’s victory came after defeating Jason Ridge during a 6-foot putt-off in the final round.

Week 2

Sunday night on Holey Moley , eight single mini golfers looking for romance will set putters aflutter. Our single golfers will turn heads and fall head-over-heels, but will they choose love over the plaid jacket? Plus, two brand new holes, the electrifying Frankenputt​ and colourful Clowning Around, will be ready to test the skills of our lovelorn golfers.

7.00pm Sunday, 7.30pm Monday and Tuesday on Channel 7 and 7plus

1 Like

Not surprised at all this has fallen quite significantly over it’s first three days. It’ll probably now be hurt further by the Australian Open than certainly by MAFS if it’s still due to be airing. Seven may be quite thankful to burn it off against the AO actually.

It’s not being burnt off. It’s a major part of their schedule. Maybe they expected better but I never thought it would sustain a wide audience.

1 Like

I wonder if Ultimate Tag will do better than this. I think it’s meant to air when Holey Moley finishes?

Make Holy Moly finish early and then put Ultimate Tag on. But honestly any sensible person could realise that putting the show on 90 minute episodes 3 times a week would result in this. Also Australians generally don’t like people bragging about their 80 million people watching which is completely untrue. Americans love it Australian’s don’t. They could move Holy Moly to once a week from next week and put something else on the other days. But I don’t think they have anything to put on at this stage as they still need content for later in the year. They put all their hopes on Holy Moly.

1 Like

Holey Moley should have been a once a week show. Multiple nights of 90 mins of this is not going to sustain an audience. Maybe it would do OK if it was once a week on a Sunday and then they had something else on Mon-Wed like Big Brother or whatever else they have planned for the year.

3 Likes

And they are trying really hard to get people watching as well by having frequent annoying promos and show watermarks. Just give up and put decent shows on instead.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Americans don’t love it either. The final episode of season 2 only had 1.9 million watching and it only got a 0.4 in the 18-49 demo.

2 Likes