Hit Network

No, the industry is beholden to accountants, it’s not real radio any longer in this country.

OK well in that case, lets call it even I’m sorry mate :handshake:

1 Like

Amen

It’s that sad that I’m now more into Spotify than my actual employer

1 Like

For that lack of commitment, you should be sacked!

2 Likes

The way of the world

1 Like

jbra please - positive comments or constructive criticism only

1 Like

Bit disingenuous though to suggest the reason is because 2DAY can’t sell ads/are running ‘non-stop music’ when they’ve literally been doing it for years, regardless of what the competition is doing.

I’m sure it was 100% real and not staged at all…

1 Like

Simmer the fuck down.

1 Like

Good to see we have some maturity on this forum… oh wait :roll_eyes:

Look through my post history, I’m happy to criticise any and all radio networks and credit them where it’s due.

Just because some of you hate criticism of your own employer, doesn’t mean we’re all working for radio networks :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

But in this case it’s obvious.

I guess it’s to be expected in this day and age that if someone has an opinion that’s different to your own, it just mean they have a vested interest, right?

Couldn’t just be that people have different views on things, hey…

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Relentless. I’ll give you that much. However, the lady doth protest too much, methinks.

I think I missed something here, which sucks because it’s certainly more entertaining than the output at 2DayFM!

Oh, positive comments. Right. Hang on, I’ve got one.

The logo has a nice font.

1 Like

Wasn’t directed at you, but the other poster, who has had some posts since deleted.

Does this mean KIIS are struggling to sell spots when they do 60mins Mega Music Marathons :joy:

3 Likes

As was my comment.,.

Probably, in Melbourne anyway…

Does Fox still do the ad-free 50?

Man, radio loves alliteration…

Shame about the colours :wink:

Honestly, I think it’s great 2DAY are tryin something different. I probably wouldn’t have gone so ‘old’ with it, but hey - it might work for them. Wait til survey 5 or 6 and see how they gre. Personally, I don’t think the music has ever been to blame. To me, the music changes are simply fiddling around the edges whilst ignoring the big fat problem of 2DAY breakfast…

2 Likes

I agree, that this strategy could work for 2DAY longer term… If they can get the listeners to stick, they can slowly reintroduce the ads, it’s a bit like how NOVA first started with 2 weeks of no ads then never more than 2 ads in a row.

The radio types are savage on the idea:

I’m a moderator for this website. This is a site for discussion and critique of the media industry, not for cheerleading. You are more then welcome to your own views, but please do it in a respectful manner.

We don’t have a huge problem with swearing, we do however take issue with personal attacks. Hence why your post was deleted. Last warning or you’re going to mod queue.

1 Like

Well said @OnAir.

Now we’re always going to remember you with a wry smile, ‘who do you think you are? I’m a moderator’ :grin:

1 Like