Hit Network

www.xperth.com.au not what you’re looking for?

CHR format ‘all hit, all the time’

Fifi, Fev and Byron this morning is pre-recorded. I’m assuming yesterday was too. Fev and Byron spent Easter in the US and are in transit returning home.

No yesterday was just Hits and Old School in Breakfast, today Keegs is in playing Best Bits and they are all back tomorrow, my guess won’t damage ratings that much because as we saw in Survey 1, Jase and PJ will take a while to settle into Melbourne so them being back Easter Monday and doing a full week and Fifi Fev and Byron only doing half won’t be that much of an issue, although Triple M will definitely see a boost in their Breakfast ratings in Survey 2. @SydneyCityTV Yes it isn’t a certainty but by the way they are going the only station that will overtake them will be 105.1 Triple M or smoothfm which isn’t a bad sign as both of these stations and Fox always rate consistently well in Melbourne.

1 Like

According to http://www.radioalive.com.au/ Radio Alive Radio Ratings Survey 2 2018 comes out 2moro ??? True/False

Doesn’t S2 run for 2 more weeks?

Looks like it might be a typo - the schedule and release dates can be found here: http://www.radioalive.com.au/RA/media/General/Documents/Surveys%20for%20Metro/GfK-2018-Radio-Ratings-Schedule_FINAL-v3_2.pdf

1 Like

Apparently 2DayFM went ad free today from 9am to 3pm.

3 Likes

2DAY FM is Sydney’s desperation station.

This would’ve been unheard of a few years ago.

Disgraceful mismanagement.

1 Like

There have been plenty of times in the past that radio stations have had non-stop music.

Limited inventory strategies are hardly new. It’s no secret that listeners “wander” when ads come on, so all programmers should be trying to play as few ads as possible, as infrequently as possible.

My concern would be this:

If true, this means that the station has a significant amount of ad spots that it can’t sell. During the 6 hours they went ad free yesterday, that’s at least 96 spots (based on 30 second ads at 2x 4-minutes ad breaks per hour) that haven’t been sold. I wonder if this is a new problem or if they’ve been filling the schedule with freebies for years?

1 Like

Your Disgraceful management, this is actually a good move, now both KIIS and 2Day are doing something to improve their workday ratings, 2Day- Non-Stop Music, KIIS- K&J extending their breakfast show past 10am Now

2 Likes

They have literally been doing this for yonks.

The comebacks on this site get worse every week

1 Like

I know but I meant that K&J were On Air right now at the time that I wrote that comment

Wasn’t a comeback buddy just a statement that 2DAY FM does not have Bad Management

Consistent survey results of 2DAY and 2MMM seem to contradict this.

You’re joking @tommy13190, I have self respect, wouldn’t deliver my resume to either SCA or ARN.

2 Likes

@OnAir is this another one of your side-accounts?

5 Likes

I heard 2Day having a blatant dig at Nova with one of the testimonials they play, where a supposed listener says that she used to listen to 96.9 but it was too repetitive and made the switch to 2Day.

2 Likes

Attack promos don’t work, just a misuse of the airwaves for egotistical personal sledging between stations.

In most cases, it doesn’t connect with the audience, only for the radio types.

1 Like

But would you submit a resume for NE? This chat is for positive comments or constructive criticism of the Hit Network not for making a joke about what is going on at the 2Day Studios