Hit Network

Kat Markey from hit fm southwest has replaced Ty Thwaites as hit 92.9 new morning announcer she has been doing weekend shifts for the past year at 92.9
Ty has accepted a job outside of radio however will stay with the hit network for weekend shifts.

2 Likes

Hmm I’m not sure it’s a good idea for 2Day to continue with RnB Friday’s. It really doesn’t match their new format and audience they are going for. It seems very out of place.

6 Likes

Agreed. It’s a real turnoff for the reluctant WS listeners who might have switched across to the “original” 104.1 2Day FM.

3 Likes

I agree as well.

With the new music programming on 2DayFM it’s about as good an idea as:

• Triple M’s Hip Hop Mondays
  • Sky Sports’ No Bet Sundays
  • Talking Lifestyle’s No Ad Wednesdays
  • Triple J’s Taylor Swift Tuesdays
  • Hope FM’s Same-Sex Marriage Mondays
  • Smooth’s Death Rock Weekends
  • 2GB’s Refugee Support Sundays

And of course…drum roll…Nova doing a No Repeat Workday.

12 Likes

boom, tish
Chook raffle in fifteen minutes. Try the lamb.

I was thinking exactly the same thing this morning listening to 2DAY in the car on my way down to Sydney… exactly how is a day with just R&B “more variety”.

Though I did hear them play Billy Ocean’s “Caribbean Queen” from 1985 which I highly doubt would have been played before the format change.

Meanwhile at Westfield Parramatta, 2DAY have got an ad on the giant billboard in the centre court promoting Hughesy And Kate with the tagline “Make The Switch”, which is public acknowledgment that everyone else is listening to NOVA or KIIS. See below.

5 Likes

Except that actually is a good idea

3 Likes

In fairness, Nova used the same tagline in the promotional push around the time of their relaunch, and they aren’t struggling to reach a 4 share

1 Like

There’s still a ‘mover over to Nova’ billboard near my house…

The reality is, regardless of how well or bad you’re doing - anyone you’re going to be targeting through outdoor marketing are those who are not already listeners. Even if you’re number 1, if you’re advertising through outdoor you’re most likely advertising to those who have not yet ‘made the switch’.

Just that when you’re at a 4, there’s a lot more people who haven’t made the switch… :wink:

1 Like

Of course, Seven News Sydney have also used that promotional slogan in recent years after dropping from #1 ratings and losing arguably their best on-air talent (ironically around the same time)!

The billboard feels a bit too ‘wacky’ and young-pushing for their new format. It’s like they did all the promo gear before deciding they needed to do something different with their music.

IMO, you’d be better off targeting WS and Smooth listeners more than Nova listeners…

3 Likes

They’re mainly targeting KIIS listeners - evident through the need to tell everyone where Hughesy and Kate have moved to.

4 Likes

Yes. It’s the KIIS and Smooth listeners they want.

1 Like

I saw that same image on a bus around Chatswood yesterday.

1 Like

I am quieting hoping they roll the new format change of 2DAY out to HIT105 here in Brisbane, have been listening to 2DAY via there web-stream and I quite like the change they have made.

If 2DAY was targeting WS listeners, they probably would be just as likely to take Triple M listeners.

1 Like

Of course - but the actual promotional design looks more like its targeting nova listeners and kids…

50 minutes commercial free continues into the weekend on 2Day FM. Good move.

2 Likes

The Queen Sesh is airing on 2Day from 6pm as of tonight.

1 Like

Listening to this show is like getting teeth pulled.

5 Likes