Hit Network

First day back for Carrie and Tommy today and Pete Helliar is filling-in for Tommy, as he is away sick

1 Like

He’s been fine on The Project all summer… poor guy. Gets sick now!

3 Likes

I think that 2DAY has been great over the past few months. I mean, I’d rank it below WSFM and Triple M in terms of my musical tastes, but I’ve found myself switching over occasionally just to see if they’ve got a rarely played classic from the 90s-2000s on there.

1 Like

Hit105 was all Old School during the workday today from 9am - 3pm. Not sure if it was a one off - there was no newish music at all during that period.

2 Likes

I thought Hughesy and Kate did well for their first show back yesterday. Glad to have them back on the air

I’ve just realised that the Melbourne studios host every national show. Carrie and Tommy, Hughesy and Kate and now Ash London and two breakfast shows each day. Plus sister network Triple M Melbourne has it’s own breakfast show and Kennedy Molloy also broadcast from there. That’s one busy SCA building each day

1 Like

Are Carrie & Tommy still located offsite in a studio at Ten’s space within the Como building in South Melbourne?

2 Likes

Ash is still doing some shows from Sydney.
Danny Lakey (12-5am) also comes from 2Day, plus Collective Noun and the early breakfast show from hit105 Brisbane.

1 Like

I wonder if SCA are testing the Adult CHR playlist, that’s currently on 2Day FM, in different markets for a possible change for other Hit Network stations.

When you consider all the Producers and associated people that work on all these shows…

Yep, both Carrie & Tommy work from the Ten in South Yarra.

1 Like

For those markets like Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth where HIT struggles a bit, yes, quite possibly, particularly if it leads to an improvement in Sydney’s ratings.

But pretty safe to say Melbourne won’t change, not if FOX stays ahead of NOVA and KIIS.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be smart for HIT107 to change to an Adult CHR playlist cause it would be very similar to the powerhouse MIX1023, need to persist with the HIT playlist.

1 Like

Just having a listen to a podcast and he is all I can hear. After every line. Every comment. Every saying. Its fucking ridiculous!! :roll_eyes:

Yeah I’ve listened on streaming for a little bit. If you take out the new songs, it does an old school format better than the OldSkool DAB station. Heard some Robert Palmer and some Crowded House this morning, awesome variety :smiley:

2 Likes

Should a new thread be created just for 2DAY? After all, it appears that they’re slowly moving away from the Hit network formula…

…but they’re still apart of the Hit Network

7 Likes

Very much so with the Hit colours and imagery.

I wonder why Carrie and Tommy (aka Peter Helliar) just finished at 4:23pm. I thought they were supposed to be on from 3-4pm

They were extended to 4:30pm this year. with Hughsey and Kate from 4:30pm

2 Likes

Oh yes you’re right. It threw me a bit when I was looking at the Carrie and Tommy page on Facebook. They still have the 3-4pm image as their cover photo from last year.

SCA should change the regional Hit stations to a Adult CHR playlist, especially in areas where the Triple M station has a Classic Hits format.

4 Likes