Hit Network

That’s not a change. Keegs’ regular shift has been 9am-1pm for at least the past couple of years. Aaron’s shorter shift is due to him doing more weekend shifts than Keegs.

Yes, Ben is still doing panelling. Ed does not do panelling.
They have a panel op in both Melbourne and Sydney. Ben is usually the Melbourne panel op, but when the whole team is in Sydney (and therefore the Melbourne studio isn’t being used) Ben is panel op in Sydney.

Em and Ed did the show from Melbourne on Wednesday, before flying to Sydney.
Em’s video was actually her in the gym at the hotel, and was mid-late afternoon after arriving in Sydney.

Ash London Live is still majority produced out of Sydney.
With Ash’s move to Melbourne, they now have a producer based in Melbourne as well (Brody, who worked on Em & Harley last year), but Draco, Vi and the rest of the team are still Sydney based.
Ash was in Sydney on Monday for the first show, and will still be in Sydney from time to time.

2 Likes

Is Hit106.9 on a different music log to 101.3 Sea Fm? Songs seems to be different on each station, unless one is ahead of the other.

I wouldn’t know. @Radiohead might be more qualified to answer that question.

I live and work in Sydney and don’t really tune in to Sea FM 101.3 and Hit 106.9 until I’m in the car driving back up to Newcastle to visit my family. I primarily listen to Sydney metro radio via my digital radio.

At the moment, yes, they appear to be on the same log (SEA just played “In My Mind” a few mins ago, now playing on Hit106.9), but I’m pretty sure at other times, they have been running different logs.

1 Like

2Day FM definitely don’t seem to be doing RnB Friday’s during breakfast at the moment. Last year they did.

I’m pretty sure last year, it was Keegs 9am - 12pm and Aaron 12pm - 3pm. Their socials and Fox’s website reflects that. If I’m wrong, I’ll stand corrected

Plus I listen to Fox

RNB Fridays on 2Day FM will return this morning.

1 Like

I stand corrected - it appears that the changeover was at 12pm for the later part of 2017, however was 1pm earlier in 2017 and in previous years.

An interesting article on Radioinfo, which compares 2Day’s playlists from 5th December last year (before the format shift) to yesterday (18th January): https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/lots-talk-about-music-changes-2day-heres-data

I imagine the 9am part of 2Day’s log from 5th December was part of their “Old School Hour” that was aired at 9-10am weekdays.

4 Likes

Quite an interesting read on Em, Grant and Ed:

2 Likes

I’d say one of the reasons that they were all in Sydney to present in the later half of the week was probably because they had this (possible others?) journalist sitting in to listen + then to be interviewed afterwards.

Also good job with the headline SMH :man_facepalming:t2:

Em Rusciano, Ed Kavalee and Grant Denyer look to end to 2Day FM’s breakfast ‘curse’

1 Like

2Day FM has officially rebranded today as ‘104.1 2Day FM - More music, more variety’

Spoken as 104 POINT 1

50 minutes commercial free variety every hour.

6 Likes

Sounds like they have taken the positioner from Star 104.5.

RadioApp was updated today too. No mention of “Hit” anywhere.

1 Like

Which now leaves KIIS as the only “pointless”’ commercial FM station in Sydney.

1 Like

Actually sounds like an exact replica of 1043 MYfm… almost like I suggested two years ago :wink:

Mike Christian is back on air.

I thought it was quite funny that Em couldn’t get the new station branding right with the banter between MC at the end of their show.

I llike “more music more variety” although simplicity can sometimes make a slogan / positioner even better.

“More Music 2DayFM”.

Even better.

I do listen to the station more in the past week. I like the surprises from the 80s and 90s.

2 Likes

But I think it’s the variety that will probably get the listeners in. A really big complaint about Nova/KIIS/2Day has been how repetitive they have been in the past few years.

This is a point of difference for 2Day now. You could listen all day rather than want to switch stations after two hours. I think the others might want to make some changes too. Not to play old tracks but to play more variety.

7 Likes

The hit network’s new mid-dawn shows started today.

Danny Lakey’s new show “Wakey Wakey it’s Danny Lakey”, 12am-5am hosted live from 2DayFM in Sydney.

Those Two Girls, presumably voice tracked from hit105 Brisbane fill the 5am-6am slot. Currently, this is only listed online for the metro stations, but is presumably also on all the regionals except for those which start breakfast at 5am or 5:30am.