Hit Network

Yeah they do have commercials but it appears they just seem to play them in a block once an hour at the moment.

Never more than 2 ads in a row

1 Like

Huh? Is that actually going to be a thing for 2Day?

Nope, it was a joke.

Never more than one ad break an hour…I like it!

I remember them doing “add free 50’s” a few years ago, so it’s nothing new really.

3 Likes

In relation to 2day fm going down a more AC line, the station formally known as B105 did this around 2005-2006 after Nova 106.9 launched.

B105 was behind 97.3 and Nova 106.9 in the ratings so went AC in format. I remember hearing Night fever by the Bee Gees, What a feeling Irene Cara, Echo Beach etc. I think SA Fm may have done the same. Obviously these formats did not stay in place as each station became Hit.

2 Likes

They were all in Sydney this morning

1 Like

Where’s the proof?

Facebook videos, instagram etc. plenty of proof. They were all together yesterday too.

3 Likes

That’s def the Sydney studio.

3 Likes

Gee! That backdrop is horrid, with the neon signs

1 Like

with all the Ash London logos in the background? I thought Ash broadcasts from Melbourne?

Ash’s home studio is in Sydney.

Not that it matters, but judging from their Insta videos from yesterday, it looks like Grant was in Sydney and the other two in Melbourne, but could be wrong.

And a question: who does the panelling now? I thought I read somewhere Ed was doing it, but in the background of those videos I can still hear Ben? Just curious.

1 Like

Here’s a wider version of that photo from the 2Day FM Breakfast Facebook.

1 Like

On the 2Day FM Instagram story yesterday Em went for a run and mentioned Sydney locations.

3 Likes

Ash moved back to Melbourne at the end of last year as her fiancé Adrian Brine is FOX FM’s head of content.

I have been streaming 2DAYFM the last few days and it’s sounding great.

3 Likes

Fox Fm’s line up for 2018.

Some changes; Keegs extends by an hour (9am to 1pm) which means Aaron Rich will only be for two hours (1pm to 3pm). Previously it was Keegs 9am to 12pm and then Aaron 12pm to 3pm

3 Likes

I tuned in this morning. Without a doubt the strongest morning lineup on 2day FM in 4 years. Will be interesting to see if it translates to higher figures.

2 Likes

I hope they’ve secured them with their contracts because KIIS might try to swipe them for their next Drive team. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes