Hit Network

Not really. Sounding more and more like the old Mix, a mixture of classic hits and new music. With radio listdners ageing this might be a good strstegy for stealing listeners from Kiis and Smooth/WS.

4 Likes

So could we see 2Day become an Adult CHR rather than a Top 40 CHR?

I’d say as of today it’s basically what it is now.

1 Like

However you classify it, I’ve liked what I’ve heard so far. I listened for a long time this afternoon and I liked the choices on the playlist. It was a long time before I heard a song I didn’t like and switched stations.

As long as they don’t become too repetitive with these tracks, this could be a big success for them. The playlist is different enough from KIIS to be a point of difference. It has to be better than what they have been doing anyway.

2 Likes

This music format change, dropping of the very young “hits and old skool” slogan and Hughesy and Kate, I think they are in a very good position. They most definitely deserve to beat Nova playlist wise at the moment. The rest, however, remains to be seen. I’m excited by what I’ve heard today though.

1 Like

Radio today just confirmed what we already knew that SCA has overhauled 2dayfms playlist with a radio insider telling them that to him it sounds like rnb fridays playlist had a orgy with smoothfm and triple ms playlist also sorry to the admin for the rude word above just qouteing this radio insider

1 Like

Side note: news presenters referring to it as “Sydney’s 2Day Fm” no sign of “1041” either.

2 Likes

Olds 104.1 2DayFM: all filler, no killer.

This is more female-leaning AC rather than adult CHR, given how few CHR tracks they’re playing now.

1 Like

I think it should be fine. We will still have C&T, H&K and ALL all national for them to play the current hits back to back. It’s a reasonable mixture to me.

Yes, because female-skewing AC radio is such a new thing. Mix 106.5 never happened, and Star 104.5 doesn’t exist.

What a joke Radio Today has become. For the most part, their articles are PR-friendly guff (minus that orgy comment, of course) written by people who are not only outsiders to the sector, but write like radio is a foreign concept that is difficult for a reasonable human being to understand. And I thought 2DayFM was the one with the image problem.

8 Likes

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/new-2dayfm-breakfast-team-show-promising-start/news-story/5e21b100cdbd8044fe206a26c598e1a0

The music is definitely skewing older. I like it and the non stop music jam this morning was spot on. Between 9am and midday no other station in the world played more music than 2DayFM!

I am not sure the station’s older sound matches the “Big H” logo - which I have always thought looks like something aimed at five year olds.

1. And now it’s 2018 and, once again, 2DayFM have posters for their breakfast show that focus on the hosts pulling “stupid” faces. It is such a cheesy image. I know they are trying to say “hey - we are crazy wacky dudes who have non-stop insane fun”. But to me it screams “we are nobs”

Maybe in 2019 they can try a different type of imaging.

2 Likes

The now hit-less logo

2dayfm_headerlogo

3 Likes

I’m actually surprised it’s taken this long for the “hit” to be removed from the logo.

Now, for SCA to replace the standard Hit Network-style logo/branding with something that better reflects the Sydney market (very wishful thinking there, I know).

2 Likes

Just occurred to me that the revised logo had featured in the Em, Grant & Ed imagery, and none of us picked up on it!

2 Likes

Without the word Hit the logo is a bit confusing. I wonder what the “H” stands for now? Any suggestions?

Hot. Half. Hapless. Huge. Hype. Heart?

1 Like

Hotdog Hits.

1 Like

Maybe RnB Fridays is going to become “Horny Hits”

2 Likes

I’ve never really thought of it as a H to be honest. To me it just looked like a black exclamation mark on a pink box surrounded by blue. Now it’s a pink exclamation mark on a blue box. I think the logo can stay as it is.

2 Likes