Hit Network

Looks like 2Day FM has wrapped up the countdown. Hit105 just finished at about 105 to continue the rest tomorrow from 6am.

Judging by the recently played - this was the Top Ten (or thereabouts):

1 16:51|Lmfao - Party Rock Anthem|
2|16:46|Taylor Swift - Shake It Off|
3 |16:39|Mark Ronson Feat. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk|
4 |16:35|The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling|
5 |16:28|John Farnham - You’re The Voice|
6|16:24|The Chainsmokers Feat. Halsey - Closer|
7 |16:20|Ginuwine - Pony|
8 |16:16|Ed Sheeran - Thinking Out Loud|
9 |16:12|Pharrell Williams - Happy|
10 |16:05|Pink - Get The Party Started|

3 Likes

Low/no rotation tracks are research testing.

Dipping their toe in for future tinkering.

1 Like

Listened to some of the countdown on Fox today. Partly sounded like Fox in the early-00’s (Jimmy Eat World & Green Day) which was kinda cool. Then they played Roxette’s Joyride and it started to feel like they were becoming an AC station…

Even looking at that Top 10, it feels very Hot AC…

I think we should be expecting a major advertising campaign for Hughesy and Kate starting tomorrow. As it will be 2018 they are free to use clips etc of their voices as opposed to Carrie and Tommy who have been advertising them so far this summer. Same with KIIS and Will and Woody. It’s game on from tomorrow.

1 Like

2DAY FM played “You’re The Voice”?!! :open_mouth:

Shoot it dead please

4 Likes

Strange that the stations are at different stages of the countdown. Would’ve thought that they would be the same or there abouts

Fox is at number 77 as of 12.03pm

1 Like

Hit105 is finishing at 2pm because they are doing an OB from the Brisbane International until 6pm. Then apparently its commercial free Old School House Party for 12 hours non-stop.

1 Like

Perth is at 90 @ 11am.

1 Like

As expected Hughesy and Kate have begun promoting their show on the Hit Network. Due to start January 22 at 4:30pm.

5 Likes

Hit seems to have really worked hard on their 2DAY FM RDS. It is very good compared to the rest. They have the song currently playing, weather, name of station and “On Air” which states exactly who is presenting on air right now. I find that incredibly handy. It is current and up to date too. Great job!

2 Likes

Nova should use their RDS to subtitle what Greg Burns is saying.

6 Likes

I feel like Mix used to have this before they became KIIS… not sure anymore, my new car doesn’t show me RDS…

KIIS in Melbourne do the same.

FOX FM has been doing it for a while now.

1 Like

KIIS in Sydney definitely don’t state who is on air.

Even when there’s a show on?

Yep. You never know who’s on air when your listening to KIIS unless they tell you on air.

The Hughesy and Kate Twitter page now has Hit Network info and branding.

Their website (http://www.hughesyandkate.com.au) just loads to an error page.

5 Likes

Is Hughsey’a hair on purpose?

1 Like