Hit Network

Well, actually, no.

It’s a Top 1000 from the 90’s, 00’s and now.

Quite a few songs that haven’t been heard in many years. Best listen in a long time.

4 Likes

Which is their playlist everyday, isn’t it?

Maybe some of those are played less often but I bet they’re on their playlist.

Aaron Rich doing Breakfast on Fox Fm for the next couple of weeks (started this morning)

2 Likes

They’ve basically scrolled their computer to the bottom of what mp3 files they have at the bottom of the list, largely forgotten given PD’s only check the first 60 on the page.

I would’ve thought Hit 106.9 Newcastle would be sponsoring the Hunter Valley show.

3 Likes

I suspect that’s a Sydney region ad for the event, and that there’s a Hit106.9 version for Newcastle as well.

2 Likes

It appears 2Day FM are continuing with the countdown and not doing RnB Friday’s. Good decision. I feel Iike RnB Friday’s has had its run.

6 Likes

Fox is also continuing with the Top 1000

1 Like

heard some good tracks from the noughties yesterday when I tuned in for a while. Some I haven’t heard on radio for years.

I think they should consider a Nineties and Noughties Friday instead.

3 Likes

I think an entire day of throwbacks is naff - Nova really reined it in after going hard with Throwback Thursday’s and I think not going as hard on the throwbacks has worked in their favour.

To me, for the audience demo that a 2DAY fm is supposedly targeting, a sprinkling of throwbacks throughout the day is a good thing. Enough to go ‘oh yeah, remember this?! What a tune!!’.

When I try to listen to rnb Friday’s, about half a dozen songs in all I can think is ‘holy shit I’m old… where’s the new stuff?!’

I agree. It should be a sprinkling throughout the day…but not just urban.

1 Like

Top 1000 not running on the regionals today

Despite the fact the regionals aren’t doing Top 1000. This is quite interesting.

4 Likes

Ah, assumed they would be!

Ah I’ve misunderstood your post. I thought you meant the regionals weren’t doing RnB Friday’s. But they are.

All good mate, I’m on holidays so my brain isn’t quite firing properly :joy:

The Top 1000 will finish up today.

1 Like

Fox FM’s Keegs says the countdown is due to finish up between 5 - 6pm on New Year’s Eve.

2 Likes

According to the 2Day FM Twitter page it states we are “getting our # one today”, which would mean it finishes today. Someone obviously has it wrong.

1 Like

I’ve worked out the discrepancy!

As of around 1pm AEDT, 2Day was at #70 whilst Fox was at #165, hit105 Brisbane was paced similarly with the time difference but hit107 Adelaide was right back at about #260.

Not sure why they’re all so far out of sync though… :thinking:

3 Likes