Hit Network

No surprise how that happened.

The Hit Network’s summer breakfast show with Ash London, Ed Kavalee and Ash Williams was 2 days into broadcasting yesterday and already has caused quite the controversy over some comments the co-hosts made about Louis Tomlinson before playing part of a per-recorded interview that Ash did with him.

Such an over reaction.

I’m more interesting news. Gawndy (Sea Central Coast) and Tanya (Former Hit Canberra) are doing the January portion of Summer Breakfast from 2 Jan 2018 til the 12th 6-9am.

2 Likes

Em & Harley’s facebook page has been renamed “2Day FM Breakfast”.
You’d think they’d have learnt from the disaster of a generic show in 2014.

Em, Grant & Ed, as it’s been named in press releases and other places online, would be a much better name giving the talent their own brand that people can “connect” with as well as being a consistent name across all references to the show.

1 Like

It could be like how The Grill Team are often briefly referred to as Triple M Breakfast?

I’d name it The EEG.

Hit105 did the same when the breakfast team kept changing, though it’s now been changed to reflect the new line up post Osher leaving.

On Facebook you can have the handle as one thing e.g. @2dayfmbreakfast and then the actual name of the page could still be Em, Ed and Grant so I’m surprised they didn’t just go with that.

1 Like

Flatlined?

1 Like

Tomorrow’s the last edition of Summer Breakfast with Ash and Ed

1 Like

Thank god. Ash London screeching or try to preach about her music connections in the morning, no thanks.

Though I don’t mind Ed, Ash Williams adds some value too.

1 Like

I also find Ash London a massive turn off. Her voice, like Em Rusciano, is quite grating for radio.

3 Likes

Would you use “screeching” to describe a male announcer? Doubt it.

Actually yeah I probably would, case in point I don’t particularly enjoy listening to Draco on Hit Nights because he’s very similar to Ash in terms of presenting style. IMO Keegan was much better!

1 Like

Certainly the content hasn’t exactly changed enough to make it listenable (still repetitive crap filled with the odd interview).

The Hit Network is doing a “Top 1000” starting tomorrow.

4 Likes

And it’s sounding awesome! Probably should be the format of music at least on 2DAY all year round.

1 Like

The top 1000 whats of the what?

Hits and old school

2 Likes

So basically, the stuff they play every day. :wink:

2 Likes