Hit Network

But why would you rip them out of their established markets and try them somewhere else, possibly ending up with twice as many problems?

Cuts both ways with the recognition. They might be well known in another market but doesn’t mean anyone has heard of them in Sydney.

Kyle and Jackie O had a high profile night time show all over the country. Wippa had been on z national drive show too before starting on breakfast.

1 Like

Don’t know that ‘ripping’ them out of their markets would necessarily upset things. We’re talking about the Central Coast, Brisbane, Perth, Shepparton… are you seriously suggesting it’s better to keep a two year old show on the Central Coast because it rates okay than it is to have a decently rating Sydney breakfast show…?

Will & Woody have already been ripped out of Perth, to the benefit of another network…

And how many in Sydney, exactly, had heard of Harley Breen? Em Rusciano? Will & Woody did also do national weekend breakfast…

So did Em and Harley and people woild habe heard of them there.

Lots of contradictions there. I’m not saying one of those wouldn’t work but what I am saying is it’s a risk.

Place your bets:

Question 1
In one year from now Em, Ed and Grant’s ratings on the 2DayFM breakfast show will be closest to what share?
a) 1.9%
b) 2.8%
c) 3.7%
d) 4.6%
e) Above 5%

Question 2
In 2018 the Em, Ed and Grant Show will be mainly:
a) Forced fun
b) Fake laughter
c) A lot of screaming into the microphone
d) An annoying combination of all of the above

Question 3
In 2019 the 2DayFM breakfast show will be hosted by:
a) Em, Ed and Grant
b) Ed and Grant
c) The winner of MKR and / or The Bachelor
d) Kyle and Jackie O

For the recored I am going with 1) b 2) d 3) I am leaving it blank - my time ran out.

5 Likes

It it’s anything like the show was in 2017, it’ll mostly be a variation of C: Em screaming “GAYS! GAYS! GAYS!” into the mike non-stop

2 Likes

I’ll go with:

c) 3.7%

d) all of the above

c, possibly mixed with b

2 Likes

c) 3.7%

c) A lot of screaming into the microphone

c) The winner of MKR and / or The Bachelor

1 Like

Probably somewhere between 3% and 3.5% would be my guess.

Unfortunately I wouldn’t be overly surprised if both of SCA’s Sydney FM stations struggle to gain much ratings traction next year.

D, All of the above.

Probably either Em & Grant or a combination like the 2018 winners of The Bachelor/Bachelorette knowing SCA’s love of turning contestants from that franchise into radio personalities.

Alright, let’s clean this thread up a bit:

In one year from now Em, Ed and Grant’s ratings on the 2DayFM breakfast show will be closest to what share?

• 1.9%
  • 2.8%
  • 3.7%
  • 4.6%
  • Above 5%

0 voters

In 2018 the Em, Ed and Grant Show will be mainly…

• Forced fun
  • Fake laughter
  • A lot of screaming into the microphone
  • An annoying combination of all of the above

0 voters

In 2019 the 2DayFM breakfast show will be hosted by…

• Em, Ed and Grant
  • Ed and Grant
  • The winner of MKR and / or The Bachelor
  • Kyle and Jackie O

0 voters

One lucky winner will receive a free Calotto ham. Calotto, the great taste of ham.

3 Likes

I’m wondering when we’ll hear about the weekend breakfast programs.

The Saturday program is obviously finished and Ryan and Tanya aren’t a team anymore but I’m wondering if The Queen Sesh is returning. Strange that we haven’t heard a thing about it.

Thanks for the offical survey AustralianAriel. You could start up a thread of voting and we could have the Mediaspy Awards every year. Categories like best new talent , best slogan for a hit station or worst breakfast team in regional market.

This could end up as a digital TV ratings hit!

3 Likes

Quite the entertaining breakfast show this morning. A good fill in program.

1 Like

fixed

7 Likes

subtle, but it’s blindingly obvious once you get it

3 Likes

I’d hate to see what Nova Workdays would look like.

It will actually be more Sydney than it was this year with Grant based in Sydney

I daresay the ideal scenario will be that Grant will probably do the show most days from his house in Bathurst, then when he is in Sydney for Family Feud filming every other week or so he will do the show out of the 2dayFM studios.

Almost certainly. I wasn’t aware that Grant lives in Bathurst, but it’s far too far to commute daily - especially for a pre-6am start.

The only other option to avoid a commute would be hire a studio at 2BS/B-Rock - but that would really only give an advantage if the space or internet available at Grant’s house is not suitable.

Funny you mention that, Grant actually posted on Instagram just the other week that they finally were able to get the internet connected on their farm after being without it for 3 years.