Hit Network

Probably for another year until (I suspect) they’ll both be out of contract

1 Like

If Kavalee was teamed with someone else I might be tempted to listen. As it is I wouldn’t bother.

4 Likes

Agreed. Em should be going too. Ed and Sophie Monk would be an alright listen.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I think people are giving Sophie Monk too much credit. She’s alright in small doses but any more is too much. She has already done a failed 2Day breakfast show in 2014 so I doubt they’d be dumb enough to go there again.

5 Likes

oh they’ve wheeled out the old “quitting to spend more time with the family” routine? :thinking:

3 Likes

a little bit right - he also wants to go back to where he’s comfortable which is stand-up. Bloody hard to do that and breakfast radio hours.

TBH, commercial radio and breakfast are not where Harley belongs. Em and the money we’re able to convince him to give it a shot, but I think it’s been reasonably clear that he hasn’t been 100% with the situation - he took almost no part in content decisions. I have no doubt that this is at least partly his own decision.

I also think it’s unfair to claim this is a 6th breakfast show - on other station, when one host is replaced/leaves it is not branded as a completely new show for the station.

3 Likes

Doesn’t quite add up.

Leaving to focus on his stand up comedy… but in the announcement, Ed Kavalee was much more funny.

So where exactly will this new Em & Ed show be broadcasting from?

Em in Melbourne and Ed in Brisbane? Despite the press release hinting at a move to Sydney I’m guessing that Ed would be more likely to move to Melbourne given his other commitments.

I thought Ed lived in Melbourne and did his Brisbane show from there?

1 Like

Yes, I don’t think Ed’s commute will change much. Maybe a different floor/studio? That would be about it.

1 Like

Yes he does and yes he did.

2 Likes

This morning at 7am Kyle spoke about the changes to the 2DayFM breakfast show for a full ten minutes.

Some of his comments included:

• Why do they can that place “hit” - what the hell does that mean?
  • Who is Ed? Then he pronounced his last name wrong three or four times
  • Why do they broadcast this show from Melbourne? He added that at least when he is on LA he lets his listeners know he is broadcasting from overseas. He added that Jackie is always in Sydney.

He finished his rant be saying “After the break we will have a news update - I wont be listening though as I am heading up to the roof for a cigarette”

1 Like

Yes, Ed lives in Melbourne. He’ll have just need to walk about 20 meters further down the corridor to get to the “2Day FM” studio.

2 Likes

You’re such a loyal Kyle fanboy.

2 Likes

Poor Kyle.

Thanks for the free 10 minute plug mate!

1 - What is KIIS? At least on HIT we play Hits… does KIIS play KIISES?

2 - Ed’s a part of a hugely successful television show. Something that has never happened to Kyle. Everything on TV he touches turned to shit.

3 - Melbourne, LA, Mongolia, Uranus. Who cares.

4 - I’m surprised that the owner of the building allows occupants to smoke within 10 metres of the actual building. NSW law prohibits this. Secondly, if he gets any fatter he may fall through the roof.

11 Likes

:joy:

Sounds like the kind of tactic The Edge would pull off

1 Like

If it was The Edge, it would be more like: Fbeepken Uranus Fbeepk!

The’re so edgy, you know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: