Hit Network

What? Do you know something we don’t?

So I was just scrolling through Instagram and I’d noticed that the old “Rove & Sam” Instagram account has almost 60,000 followers and had quite good interaction on posts yet the Hit Network seem to have just let the account die along with the old “Dan & Maz” account which has 52,000 followers.

The official “Hit Network Aus” account only has 20,000 followers :joy:

Do they not know that you can change Instagram usernames and turn it into a completely different account with the same 60k followers?!

1 Like

They do, and they have done that in the past. Because the last 2 breakfast shows have moved to other time slots (with the potential to stay with SCA into the future) they have kept those accounts going. The strategy has largely been to have the social media accounts follow the talent, rather than their shifts, but when talent has left the network, the accounts have been updated to be for the new show.

Interestingly, the “Hit Network” facebook account is the old “Fifi & Jules” account. This was kept going when Jules moved to 2Day breakfast and Fifi moved to Fox breakfast, as they still “hosted” “The Catch Up” at 6pm which was the highlights of Fox and 2Day breakfast shows. It them changed to “The Scoopla Show” the following year which Jules was host of. It was after that that it became the network account, but has really only been in use again since early this year I think.

The “Hit Network” instagram account is fairly new and is only ever used for national shows/events that don’t have their own accounts, such as the International Womens Day broadcast in March and the recent “Hit Nights” show while Ash London was filling in for Hamish and Andy. The low following on that account reflects it’s relatively low use.

Very interesting that Rove & Sam built a following of 60k compared to just 26.8k for Em & Harley. Em & Harley’s account is used everyday and has a huge amount of content - the use social media far better than any other Sydney show in my opinion.

On final thoughts, I wonder if there is some thought that people was react poorly if they percieve an account to have “hacked” its way into their feed because an account changed it’s name but don’t realise?

1 Like

No, I’m just mucking around.

You should’ve seen the outrage when Fifi and Jules was merged with 2DayFM Breakfast (before ending up as the Scoopla Show as you mentioned) and Matt and Jo was changed to Fifi and Dave. Fun times.

1 Like

Let alone when Matt & Alex became Ben & Liam over at triple j!

Ash London is becoming the Hit Network’s most overused on-air personality.

Not surprising that Ed is doing summer breakfast either after finishing up with Triple M Brisbane this year, probably testing his popularity for other positions within SCA.

Good to see them using someone different like Ash Williams too.

To Nova’s credit, they have kept Smallzy on the night shift as consistently as possible while Ash seems to be used as the Network floating jock more than an actual night show host.

I don’t see the problem, Ash is a good talent, builds her profile. SCA should do so for more talent and so should other stations.

Smallzy, I wonder if he feels like Lisa Wilkinson, stranded in the one job, with no change outside of it.

Doubt it. Top rating show and travels the world doing it. There are worst gigs.

Reading the news of Em’s new co-host being Ed Kavalee, thought to myself “but he left Brisbane to move back to Melbourne, now he is going to Sydney… oh wait a minute!”

I guess that confirms Em will remain on 2Day until mid next year at least.

1 Like

For those who haven’t heard, the context of that post is that it was announced this morning that Harley will be leaving the show at the end of the year and next year’s show will be Em and Ed Kavalee.

Next announcement will be before Christmas that Em isn’t returning either. It’s a smart way to announce a complete Change really.

You’re being very cynical.
That would actually be a terrible decision. Considering that Ed doesn’t start till next year, it would leave people confused as the change they are expecting is changed again.

1 Like

From The Daily Telegraph.

Harley Breen announces he’s quitting Em Rusciano’s 2DayFM radio show
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/harley-breen-announces-hes-quitting-em-ruscianos-2dayfm-radio-show/news-story/811b2a8d212a0b77b97bb4bd67247efb

Ed Kavalee joins the Em Rusciano Radio Show in 2018

The Hit Network is thrilled to announce Ed Kavalee will be joining Em Rusciano on Sydney’s 2Day FM breakfast show in 2018.

Em’s new co-host is known for his lightning fast comedy and improvisation skills and is Australia’s ‘Jack of All Media Trades’. He is a familiar face to Sydney audiences, as a recurring panellist on Channel Ten’s Have You Been Paying Attention? and as a former host of the Marto, Ed & Robin breakfast show on Triple M Brisbane, Ed is no stranger to breakfast radio.

The Hit Network’s Head of Content Gemma Fordham, on Ed joining the team: “He’s superbly talented and we know the Sydney listeners will love the addition of Ed to the show.”

Ed Kavalee on joining the breakfast show: “I’m very excited to join The Hit Network and the 2Day FM Sydney Breakfast show with Em. Bring on 2018. We are really looking forward to it. I just hope my old room at my share house on Cleveland street is still available.”

Em Rusciano on her new co-host: “I’m bloody pumped to have the talented, funny and clever human that is Ed Kavalee joining the show in 2018. As long as he doesn’t object to me blatantly using the show to sell my comedy concerts (‘Evil Queen’ tour on sale now!), books (My Memoir: ‘Try Hard’ is on sale now!) and musical downloads (New single ‘Brand New Day’ out now!) - we’re going to get along just fine. Bring on 2018, I’m excited, it’s going to be low key hectic.”

Harley Breen will be finishing up on the 2Day FM Sydney Breakfast Show at the end of the year. Harley has enjoyed the ride alongside co-host Em Rusciano, but has decided to have a sleep-in in 2018. Breakfast hours are tough at the best of times, let alone partnered with a young family, so he’s decided to hand over the mic to Ed Kavalee.

Gemma Fordham said, “Harley has been a terrific Ying to Em’s Yang and he’ll continue to be a friend of the show. We love Harley and wish him all the best.”

Sydney, get ready to be entertained as 2018 looks set to be a great year for the 2Day FM Breakfast show with Ed by Em’s side.

… who also has a young family.

2 Likes

Em and Ed?

They should have replaced Harley with the chicken. It has already has a lot of exposure on the bus shelter ads. A good pluck and some makeup and it would have worked.

Will the forced laughter still be compulsory?

Will the the ratings ever go above the current 3.3%?

Has Kyle stopped laughing?

2 Likes

He’s still bitter and twisted about them not paying the extortion money he wanted. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wow…I thought they were going to wait at least until Late December/Early January before doing this! Although perhaps SCA were hoping that nobody would notice if they made the announcement on the day when many people are more focused on that big horse race in Flemington.

While I certainly wish Mr Kavalee all the best in his new role, knowing the revolving door that is 2DayFM breakfast (in recent years) you really have to wonder how long the station will bother to stick with this latest strategy!

I’m pretty sure Kyle & Jackie O…heck, even Fitzy & Wippa are laughing at the revolving door that is 2DayFM breakfast.

1 Like