Hit Network

I think the point is why is Ed being absent on his own show just to fill in for another?

4 Likes

Testing him out for a permanent gig.

Drive next year maybe, or Fox breakfast?

Seeing as Osher is leaving the Brisbane breakfast, Iā€™m wondering if he could be joining 2Day FM for breakfast next year as all the Bachelor seriesā€™ are filmed in Sydney? Could it possibly be Osher and Sophie for 2Day FM breakfast next year? The show would be a pretty powerful platform for the Ten franchise.

Sophie for Hit drive perhaps, with a couple of comics. Osher is a bit bland isnā€™t he for personality radio?

I doubt Osher quit Brisbane breakfast radio just to start in Sydney and citing reasons for him leaving because of his busy work schedule, thereā€™s no way he could commit to a daily radio show with his shooting schedule for the added Bachelor franchises next year.

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t he a bit on-again off-again on the Brisbane show too? I believe he was absent reasonably often due to other (usually Bachelor) commitments.
Iā€™ve always got the vibe from the hit105 instagram that he was never really part of the team - probably because he was never in the studio, never at other events with the other hosts etc.

1 Like

A RADIO FIRST, HIT NETWORK LAUNCHES NEW DUAL DRIVE SHOW LINE-UP FOR 2018
HUGHSEY & KATE TO JOIN SCA ALONGSIDE CARRIE & TOMMY IN AN EXTENDED DRIVE 3.00PM ā€“ 6.30PM

The Hit Network today announced a formidable line up for Drive in 2018 - Carrie Bickmore and Tommy Little from 3.00pm - 4:30pm, followed by Drive team Hughesy and Kate from 4:30 - 6:30pm.

In a radio first the new extended Drive show programming, with four of Australiaā€™s most loved and entertaining personalities, will broadcast to all 43 Hit Network radio stations, reaching an unrivalled 4.6 million listeners each week (3 million metro and 1.56 million in regional Australia), with a broad reach across all key audience segments, particularly women of all ages.

New friends Carrie Bickmore and Tommy Little have carved out a loyal audience of listeners with their natural chemistry and candour and have been huge hit across the network since they started this year. Audiences have been loud and clear with their wish for more and the show will be extended by half an hour to 4:30pm.

Sensational talent duo Dave Hughes and Kate Langbroek are long-time friends and have enjoyed a radio partnership with unrivalled kinship and will be making their Hit Network debut in January 2018.

Gemma Fordham, Hit Networkā€™s Head of Content said, ā€œWe are delighted one of radioā€™s most enduring and hilarious duets, Hughesy and Kate, are joining our new Drive line up for 2018. The commute home is when we let go, relax and leave the work day behind and the Hit Network is committed to entertaining all people on their way, whether it is at 3pm, 5pm or 6pm. To be able to also confirm Carrie and Tommy, a show which just gets better and better, really does give the Hit Network and its audience the best of both worlds in 2018,ā€œ

On the announcement, Grant Blackley, CEO of SCA said ā€œIā€™m absolutely thrilled to welcome Hughsey and Kate to the SCA family. Both are consummate professionals and wonderful entertainers and will be a great addition to the Hit Networkā€™s already strong national Drive line-up with Carrie and Tommyā€.

5 Likes

Big loss for KIIS. But I donā€™t see the point in extending Carrie and Tommy by half hour, seems pretty useless to me, I think the hour show is pretty good because itā€™s funny and entertaining but they keep it fresh with the hour programme.
Credit to Gemma big signing.

5 Likes
2 Likes

4.30-7 would make more sense for H&K.

1 Like

I should have clicked that something was up last week when Carrie posted pictures on Instagram last week of her & Tommy and Hughsie & Kate.

I thought it was odd that she would post something with her rivals on another station but it was for charity so didnā€™t think much more of it. Iā€™ve just gone back to find it and notice itā€™s gone. Maybe she was warned about letting the cat out of the bag too early.

Or even adopting what Triple M Melbourne will do next year by having Carrie & Tommy go from 3pm - 5pm then Hughsie & Kate between 5pm and 7pm would make more sense

1 Like

Guessing Carrie canā€™t go later than 4.30 due to Project commitments?

2 Likes

Yeah, I donā€™t think this is going to bet the returns theyā€™re after in that time slotā€¦

Wonder if it was a compromise after push from C&T (or their management).

Is anyone else thinking that Hughesy and Kate would have more of an impact in the 6 - 9am breakfast shift on 2DayFM in 2018?

I know that it would have been broadcast from Melbourne (which it not ideal) but thatā€™s where Em and Harley are anyway.

A strong drive show never makes up for weak breakfast ratings. Radio 101.

1 Like

I still think there are more announcements coming. No way Em and Harley will be there next year.

From the article posted by @killy06 above:

ā€œThereā€™s not a hell of a lot of faith in the 2day brand because weā€™ve been through four breakfast shows in four years, so we are aware of that and we certainly arenā€™t going to be making any changes and we have the marketing plan rolled out through until next year so itā€™s just about trial and trial comes from awareness.ā€

Although I guess ā€˜until next yearā€™ only means until January, so maybe the announcement will be then?

But bringing Hughsie and Kate over may bring new fans over from KIIS and that could have knock on effect to other shows on the station.

So it would be a case of wait and see.

4 Likes

Theyā€™ll want a strong drive after H&A go, they do need big names on breakfast though.